Fitting an after market cd player

Hi everyone,

I hope i'm not going over old ground as i'm new to this, but i want to fit an after market cd player to my 07 superb which I believe runs can bus will this cause any problems. I'm thinking about a clarion double din unit. The original head unit only plays on the drivers side when playing cd's but both sides for the radio (same fault as my mates Bora!). Also can any tell me the size of the front door speakers or recommend a good replacement set. Thanks in advance.

It should just plugin to the iso's, but you may need to take a direct live and earth if you want to be able to hold memory functions and use it without the key in the ingnition, one thing to check is the new units size, I had one of those Chinese DVD units in mine and it was slightly smaller than the hole in the dash and you could see it as well.

Another thing to remember is your steering wheel controls (if fitted) will probably not work with an aftermarket headunit.

I tried and the steering wheel and matrix display stop working. Adaptors are available for some stereos to work with the steering controls.

no i have big preoblems with my Alpine unit says it is steering control and display compatable, but can i hekkers find which leads it needs. :-(

Dont forget the Switched feed and Memory feed are reversed on german cars! If you just plug the iso connectors straight in, it'll work but forget it's settings every time you take the key out!

Dont panic though, most headunits come with an adaptor lead which allows you to swop over the switched and permenant feeds!

I can highly recommend the JVC 810X, to me it looks almost OEM, plus it's one of the only double din units that you can remove the front off (I spend a lot of time in manchester, this was a must!)

IMG_9739.jpg

IMG_9738.jpg

You can also bolt on bluetooth to this and it shows your battery level and signal strength on the stereo display, quite nifty.

Takes a bit of effort to get it in right, the skodas stereo frame has protrusions at the top that you may need to file down to get it to fit flush into the dash! This goes for any double din unit though.

Yes you will lose your maxidot. Connects2 do a superb compatible steering adaptor, beware though I've tried it and it doesnt work - the pin in the plug doesnt mesh with anything in the mini-iso connector. Maybe we need to do a group pester and send a car into them to get them to put a control unit together?

Whats the little 'light' in the Driver's side Heated Seat Switch blank?

It's a USB port :) I'll dig it out later and take a photo of it. The headunit has a rear mounted usb cable, so I thought I'd just extend it and make a mount for it on the dash.

It's a USB port :) I'll dig it out later and take a photo of it. The headunit has a rear mounted usb cable, so I thought I'd just extend it and make a mount for it on the dash.

very nice,

i think i could live without the maxidot if the steering wheel controls worked

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I don't have maxidot or steering wheel controls mines a classic model so hopefully it should work fine. If anyone knows the dimensions of the front speakers it would save me removing the door cards as the drivers door speaker is distorted when playing bass and I 'm probably going to replace it soon. cheers.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I don't have maxidot or steering wheel controls mines a classic model so hopefully it should work fine. If anyone knows the dimensions of the front speakers it would save me removing the door cards as the drivers door speaker is distorted when playing bass and I 'm probably going to replace it soon. cheers.

IIRC they're 17.5cm/6 1/2", although I think you need adaptors to fit the aftermarket ones in correctly.