PD100 Resistor Mod Resistor Value?

OK so I know that the resistor mod to the fuel temp sende can be dodgy and is not really the way to go but... our PD100 Fabia Estate is now well out of warranty and has given stirling service for well over 116,000mls with no reliability issues.. but could sometimes do with a boost...

So... I have the requisite connector which currently has a 150ohm resistor across it that I was going to plug in to see what the result was (I know - more smoke! But hopefully a bit more go as well). From memory the resistance value usually used are between 150ohms and 300ohms but the wife will pass comment and panic if a CEL light comes on.

So does anyone know if a 150ohm value will trigger a CEL on a PD100 and, if so any ideas of what the cut-off point is?

Otherwise, if any static value will ultimately trigger a CEL is it simply a case of remembering to remove it every few thousand miles so the CEL doesn’t get thrown by a consistent reading? And again what is the approximate mileage limit for this?

Thanks

It is for fuel temp on the PD.

OP: Do a search for the EVRY mod online and you can read a bit more about it.

I wouldn't do it myself, could cause too many problems when it comes to that amount of smoke.

When i bought my vRS, there was a "resietor box" on it.............quick trip back to the stealers to find that the fuel temp sensor had packed in and this was the cause of it.

Presonal opinion, but i'd stay away from it. Buy a tuning box or get a remap would be my advice mate :thumbup:

Was the temp sensor really broken or was it just complaining the fact the temp hasn't changed for X miles?

I personally liked my resistor mod. You notice the difference straight away. Just got bored having to reset the CEL.

Lummox - what's the resistor value and did it throw a CEL? (I don't have ready access to check and remove fault codes)

From recollection the one I have came from Makefish on here off his Golf PD015 but I can't remember for sure as it was ages ago.