How Good Is A Fabia As A Family Car?

I think "snug" is a good word. Once the family starts getting a bit big (i.e more than 2 kids, or 2 big kids) the fabia starts to lose it's space rapidly.

However, it's an ideal car for me. No back seats, so can sling the golf clubs right in from the boot and not worry about lack of room. Load lugger, performance machine, daily hack, looker - got it all for me.

As a young family car - Its pretty good!

Agile enough for "dad" to keep amused.

Superb on fuel!

Space for small kiddies no problem. My newphews cart about in it no problems!

Sensible for "mum"

Pleasant enough inside

Generally a good little young family car . . . Not too sure i should have bought one! :rofl:

Baby car seat fits no problem however you'll probably find the front passenger seat has to be moved forward alot which renders it pretty much useless, I think I have a larger than average baby seat though as it fits straight onto the pram. Pram and car seat are Graco Sports Quattro range (I think) if that helps give you an idea. I find it best if I put the pram on its side when I have it in the boot which gives you a little more space but you cant have the parcel shelf on, if its been raining as well the wheels of the pram can make a mess of your headrests. Fortunately my vRS only gets used when our family car breaks down, however being a Ford Focus C-Max this is more often than i'd like!

So in answering your question yes its possible to make it work if you do a bit of clever packing, but if you have 2 kids though I'd say no :thumbup:

Its a cracking little car!

We bought one two months ago and we can't wipe the smiles off our faces, great performance, comfortable and the MPG is great. We use ours as the 'secondary' car however it is the main chariot for our 4 month old. We have overcome the issues with the Isofix base unit (eyelets seem to sit a bit low) but otherwise it fits the Base, Carseat and buggy in the boot perfectly well with shopping bags too. When the three of us are in the car my wife (or I for that matter) will sit behind the driver as the front seat does become unusable for all but the smallest of teenagers etc

As suggested elsewhere if you regularly need vast load lugger then you might have to look elsewhere. On an occasional basis it might be advantageous to buy a Thule roofbox etc

Good luck with whatever you buy:thumbup:

We've had our Vrs for three years from new. Although we only have one child, when he was a baby the associated paraphernalia was considerable, but we never exhausted the capacity of the car. I still love the car and it would take a very special alternative to make me change it. We have toured Ireland and France in it and loved every moment! I use it for my long-distance jobs in England too!

Lose the spare wheel, and get yourself some tyre seal (its what they do with these 'eco' versions of cars anyway) and you have yourself a handy amount of room in the spare wheel well for a couple of extra bags!