Turbo Died. my story

Hi there guys its been a while since i last posted anything. Well 5 years have passed since i purchased my Furby(Can't belive it's been that long!!!!!)

Driving back to Home from my RAF Base in north Scotland, about 8 miles from newcsatle (Where my house is). I stopped at a roundabout and when it was clear proceeded to pull away. No power at all. Could hear a nasty grinding noise like metal hitting metal. Turns out after investigation my tubro decided it didn't want to be a turbo anymore :thumbdwn:.

The car is an 04 plate and has done 90,000 miles by the way.

Took it to Skoda main dealership and after investiagtion they told me to have a seat. The figure they quoted for turbo replacement and inlet pipe.£2000 :eek: I nearly **** myself. (Pardon my french). The inlet pipe was cracked aswell just incase you were wondering why they had put that in aswell.

I decided because I am out of warranty that I would get a thrid party perspective on the said problem with my car.

I took it to the same Guy who did my Revo Remap, which is a company called Just diesels In a town called Blaydon (You geordies will probably have heard of the town)

Just Diesels.

He had a look at the car and told me £1100 including VAT :thumbup: much better. Got the car sorted, even picked it up for me from the skoda dealers 15 miles away for me to save messing around.

So the moral of this story is, if you are out of warranty with the dealer have a shop around you could save quite a lot of money. Incase you are wondering the new turbo also comes with 2 year warranty aswell.

Hmmm I had the same thing at 34K on a bog standard engine a month or so ago. The car is 4 years old so out of warranty but, thankfully, because I hadn't interfered with the car, Skoda said the turbo was a duffer and gave me good will on the part saving me a grand:D: Had to shell out over £300 in labour though:rolleyes:

Are these KKK turbos known to be fragile? I thought the 130 TDI PD was a bulletproof engine including turbo but I hear that VW and Audi use a different blower on the engine. Is that true and why?:confused: (cost I suppose)