Brake Problem - Update - Advice needed

thing is r32s are good BUT they are a) heavy B) really expensive to buy new discs (iirc around 350 a pair) c) are only 2 pot so are not as effective as four pots.

Am trying to sort out some carriers to run brembo 4 pots, not proving easy however, will keep you posted as these should offer better braking than the r32s, just need to keep weight down which is the current issue!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the facility to make up custom carriers in my machine shop if it helps. Just do a drawing of what you need and i can see if i can help :)

I shall be looking at the Brembo Lambo Diablo brake kit once its developed. A bolt on tested and developed kit for around £500 sounds just too tempting....

Garry

Ill post as soon as I get them. Have to wait till tests finished. Will be worth the wait

I have the facility to make up custom carriers in my machine shop if it helps. Just do a drawing of what you need and i can see if i can help :)

I shall be looking at the Brembo Lambo Diablo brake kit once its developed. A bolt on tested and developed kit for around £500 sounds just too tempting....

Garry

Guess what everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS FIXED

:eek::mw::huep::friday:

Up until 4:30 am this morning but its finally all back to normal.

As some kind of cr@p luck would have it, the R32 master cylinder and servo i spent hours and hours fitting on Monday and Tuesday turned out to be duff :( So, all the boost pipe work off again and many hours dropping the engine and pulling it out of the way later, i got it all out again.

Got another servo and master cylinder and set about fitting it all again last night. This time with fantastic results, the brakes let go of the discs, ta da. Pedal feel is spot on again and she pulls up like never before.

Now lets have a laugh and see what has been changed during this ball ache:

4 Calipers

Flexible brake lines

1 R32 Servo

1 Golf GT TDi Servo

2 Skoda Master Cylinders

1 R32 Master cylinder

1 ABS Pump unit

3 Pedals

and £80 worth of dot 5.1 brake fluid.

Despite all this i still love my car. He is going to get a bloody good wash, polish and wax this weekend as it has got quite dirty over the past 8 weeks.

Thanks for all your support and advise from those that have contributed to helping me find the problem.

Oh, in a nut shell it was the Servo. I must have damaged it while bleeding the brakes after putting my calipers back on after painting :doh:

4710_113917576998_754366998_3244549_3093606_n.jpg

Thanks Again

Garry

great news mate, what a pain in the a r s e!!!

So how do you think you damged it, overpumping it when bleeding?

Cheers for the offer on the brackets, we can talk about it when we catch up, i have a machine shop currently but am having trouble keeping the weight down of the setup now they are fitted, going to rethink the design of the carriers and change the metal to keep the weight down as retrofitting brembos does add to the weight on the front end.....not ideal!

Tempted to upgrade too??

comp break 6pots mate,

fit under std rims and only 1k ish and if you got the vRS they do them in green for £50 lol.

Garry,

glad she is all sorted mate, can I persume you not been on here for a day or so as you been out in the car? lol

ne way mate if not you should be lol,,

all best

billy

comp 6pots are sweet but...............1k!!! vs diy brembo 4pot kit for under half the price or lambo kit for £500, just think that £500 would go towards a nice quaife lsd;)

Good news Garry, now go enjoy :thumbup:

Spent yesterday afternoon giving it a well deserved clean and then went for a spirited drive. ;)

great news mate, what a pain in the a r s e!!!

So how do you think you damged it, overpumping it when bleeding?

Tempted to upgrade too??

Yeah, think it was damaged by over pumping when bleeding them after the calipers went back on :grumpy:

Yeah im keeping an eye on this Diablo brake kit. Looks ample enough for our cars and not a sad price either :)

comp break 6pots mate,

fit under std rims and only 1k ish and if you got the vRS they do them in green for £50 lol.

Garry,

glad she is all sorted mate, can I persume you not been on here for a day or so as you been out in the car? lol

ne way mate if not you should be lol,,

all best

billy

The comp brakes are nice but at £1k i just cant justify it. Not on a car thats ment to be our daily run around either, lol.

comp 6pots are sweet but...............1k!!! vs diy brembo 4pot kit for under half the price or lambo kit for £500, just think that £500 would go towards a nice quaife lsd;)

Agreed, A quaife is already on the cards. Next mod after fitting the FMIC :D

I really should stop spending money on this car now, lol. I have proper cars to be playing with that need my money and time :)

Congratulations on finally getting it sorted!!! :thumbup:

Cheers :D

£1k on a head unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you mad, lol

How about you buy 2 sets of the Lambo brake kits? One for you, and one for me? Will still cost £1k, but you will have gained a good friend :D:D:D:thumbup:

Garry

Yes and Yes.

And no, sorry.

I am looking at a Kenwood DNS-7240-BT, it is just a 7" screen so it has a not-chavvy nearly OEM look to it plus it does Sat-nav, DVD, USB from a lead in the back so it can be hidden away in the glovebox and it has a quality bluetooth system.

I am trying to spend as much money as possible before my wife gets pregnant.

Because then it stops.

Yes and Yes.

I am trying to spend as much money as possible before my wife gets pregnant.

Because then it stops.

PM me - I can give you some very useful information on how to prolong that period before your wife gets pregnant indefinately. I can assure you I speak from experience and a 100% success rate...

Thanks for that but I really want kids, we are just damn unlucky.

We have had all the checks done and we're fine but it's been nearly two years.

What rubs salt in the wound is that as a counsellor my wife has to support 15 yr old chavs who have only got pregnant to get a council house. Drives her mad.

Thanks for that but I really want kids, we are just damn unlucky.

We have had all the checks done and we're fine but it's been nearly two years.

Want me to help ;)

In all seriousness i also want kids, sadly my girlfriend is one of these modern power hungry types that is career based so doesnt want to quit her job for kids :( Oh, and she says we cant get married as no one will take her seriously with my Surname, lol.

Kind Regards

Garry Curley

lol, funny you should say that. One of her friends is called Sophie Wurley. Its an ongoing joke that we should get married and double barrel our surnames.

Mr and Mrs Curley-Wurley

lol, funny you should say that. One of her friends is called Sophie Wurley. Its an ongoing joke that we should get married and double barrel our surnames.

Mr and Mrs Curley-Wurley

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Want me to help ;)

In all seriousness i also want kids, sadly my girlfriend is one of these modern power hungry types that is career based so doesnt want to quit her job for kids :( Oh, and she says we cant get married as no one will take her seriously with my Surname, lol.

Kind Regards

Garry Curley

You do know that she doesn't have to take your name just because you're married? (not joking; I know several people who didn't take their hubby's name, and of one case where he took hers).