New Fabia - parcel shelf broken again!

Anyone had problems with the parcel shelf "hinges" breaking? I have had one replaced on warranty and I now have the same problem again. :mad: The plastic which forms the spring clip which hangs on the peg is split which means that the shelf is not held securely and often falls off or pulls off with the tailgate.

Seems to be a design fault which I would like to point out to the dealer, but before that, I would like to know if anyone else has had similar problems.

Mine has been fine (07 plate) though it can sometimes fall off when the boot is full and have been a few occasions where have attmpted to close the boot and surprised myself I've not managed to damage it!

Doesn't help you much but at least you know some of them were ok!

• 1 year later...

Anyone had problems with the parcel shelf "hinges" breaking? I have had one replaced on warranty and I now have the same problem again. :mad: The plastic which forms the spring clip which hangs on the peg is split which means that the shelf is not held securely and often falls off or pulls off with the tailgate.

Seems to be a design fault which I would like to point out to the dealer, but before that, I would like to know if anyone else has had similar problems.

Well known design fault also part of a recall, new parcel shelf clips and new side trims for the boot.

i don't think mine's had the recall. what do I do, just go to the dealer and ask for a replacement..they'll probably deny it

• 7 months later...

My Fabia shelf was similarly broken. I ordered some replacement hinges from skodaparts.com for less than £8 (four separate parts for left and right, in and out). Fitting was a bit of a struggle but the good news is that they are a new/improved design. The shelf is now firmly attached.