Octy TFSI, what can 1000 pounds do for it?

Andy tfsi

what can 1k do for the performance od an Octy II vrs TFSI?

I'm pretty confident SWMBO is in a good mood this week so might be the time to broach the subject of me spending money on the car.:D

I know I can get an Angel remap for 215 pounds or a Celtic tuning one for about 250 pounds. These are a lot cheaper than going to get a Revo or Bluefin done. and seem to give quite a lot of bang per buck.

I also need it lowered 20-30mm as it seems to sit just a bit high even on the 18s'

Dunno if the aftermarket induction kits are my thing as I prefer the OEM look but I'd be tempted with a 2nd hand one to try out after the remap.

To recap, if you started with a grand and spent 250 on a remap, what further mods would you do with the other 750 pounds:)

I know I can get an Angel remap for 215 pounds or a Celtic tuning one for about 250 pounds. These are a lot cheaper than going to get a Revo or Bluefin done. and seem to give quite a lot of bang per buck.

Deffo more of the BANG with celtic :rofl:

Personally I'd go induction kit first, possibly exhaust, suspension, then remap. IIRC don't need to fuel pump mod until you start going north of 260 bhp.

Would also get the brakes done but as a decent kit is about £1.5k on it's own bit out of your budget at the moment.

Deffo more of the BANG with celtic :rofl:

I kinda know what you mean, seen a few differing opinions with both Celtic and Angel tuning but they seem to be a lot less expensive than the mainstream VAG mapping companies and their products to a layman seem not to dissimilar.

Jabba, star performance and drivers are at least double the price and I'm kinda of the opinion that I can't justify paying for them unless there is a real performance/reliability gain to be had.

Personally I'd go induction kit first, possibly exhaust, suspension, then remap. IIRC don't need to fuel pump mod until you start going north of 260 bhp.

Would also get the brakes done but as a decent kit is about £1.5k on it's own bit out of your budget at the moment.

If I can pick up a reasonably priced induction kit I will probably buy it and stick it on when I get a day off work and the sun is out.

The cat back exhaust would be nice, especially if I had the induction kit fitted and then when for a live remap on the rollers as this might give a bit more versatility for the mapper.

My head is minced thinking about this...lol

The cat back exhaust would be nice, especially if I had the induction kit fitted and then when for a live remap on the rollers as this might give a bit more versatility for the mapper.

l

That is one of the advantages of getting the hardware done first before the software. Also, personally, it seems a bit pointless spending the money on a remap if you haven't got an induction kit fitted as you won't be getting the full potential out of the remap.

bluefin (360ish and can upgrade to stage 1 for no extra cost) no other company offers that. down pipe and sports cat(500 ish) evoms/powerflow/vr racing intake (200-350ish) you'l be lookin at 260bhp/280-300Ibft torque. HUUUUUGGGGEEEE difference over standard

then maybe eibach springs or RARB

bluefin (360ish and can upgrade to stage 1 for no extra cost) no other company offers that. down pipe and sports cat(500 ish) evoms/powerflow/vr racing intake (200-350ish) you'l be lookin at 260bhp/280-300Ibft torque. HUUUUUGGGGEEEE difference over standard

then maybe eibach springs or RARB

Just spent the last hour reading reviews and info on bluefin and it looks great!..

Just need to keep an ear to the fround for discounts on any of the VAG forums or at superchips themselves.

Not had enough time to trawl through it all as I start work at 9pm, I will be back onto it tomorrow though.

thanks Simon:thumbup:

bluefin wont give you the massive torque of revo, but its cheaper and couple that with the ability to upgrade to stage 2 for no additional cost, being able to read diagnostic fault codes from your car, the ability to electronically immobilise your car(not even the key will start it until you plug the handset back in) and also the ability to take the remap on and off and it makes a lot of sense.

if you go to stage 2 you will need a downpipe and sports Cat, howver an induction kit would probably be reccommended.

cat back exhaust wont give you much gains when compared to downpipe and 200 cell cat. the fuel pump wont be needed until you want stage 2+.

beware though your stepping onto a slippery slope its only going to get more expensive now, :)