What is it about Xenons that people like?

Had them on both my last two cars. Never had a problem, never been flashed, had them both checked by qualified persons and they are sound as a pound.

As stated quite a bit here the problems are always caused by poorly setup lights which is a big problem because they are dangerous but I find that the majority of crap light action that happens is from regular lights where the car is fully loaded, damaged or my favorite is where they have a light out so the drive uses full beam to make up for it :rolleyes: I have done quite a few late night runs down the M4 recently and these are the usual suspects

My HIDs however are fantastic with a great beam pattern and fantastic definition and a fully tested beam level. Having driven in front of my car in an other car recently I also noticed that they were spot on.

If you find all xenons distracting can I suggest an eye test or perhaps just stick to driving in the day?

Another vote for HID's. Having had 2 Octy II's with and without. I would agree that the kick up on the L/H side is a trifle excessive though! It really ****es people off when you are overtaking them on the motorway!

just wondering what the actual kick angle should be for mot? if there isnt one as long as there is a kick up then im sure doing the flat line trick but not all the way would be something worth looking at.

"If you liked xenons, then you'll love new improved bi-xenons.

They light so far ahead, you'd swear you can see the future!"*

Sorry, not currently available on the Skoda Octavia.

"If you liked xenons, then you'll love new improved bi-xenons.

They light so far ahead, you'd swear you can see the future!"*

Sorry, not currently available on the Skoda Octavia.

See, I always thought the Bi Xenons were called that because they went both ways.....

"They light so far ahead, you'd swear you can see the future!"*

"The future's bright ... the future's Orange! Well no, sorry, it's actually a sort of bluey-white!"

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?

:rofl:

Damn my spelling! (and my Dad's laptop's lack of a spell-checker!)

Come on Babs, it was just a typo! It's obvyus yew lurnt proppur speling at skool!

Spell-checker wouldn't have helped, since 'baldy' is a perfectly good word ... in fact nine out of ten women prefer it - something to do with the testosterone I believe!

just wondering what the actual kick angle should be for mot? if there isnt one as long as there is a kick up then im sure doing the flat line trick but not all the way would be something worth looking at.

Kick angle is fine for MOT (as tested and set up at MOT station) its just that the spread (width) is so huge. To be honest, there is no such thing as a perfect light and any will dazzle in some circumstances - at the crest of a hill, for instance.

Why do poorly set up Xenons get all the attention. There are far more poorly set up halogen lights out there ready to blind you:rolleyes:

Even projector lensed halogens refract light and give that flash effect from the other side of the road.

I don't have HID on my car but my motorbike does and I would rather someone saw me and moaned than not and had me off.

Come on Babs, it was just a typo! It's obvyus yew lurnt proppur speling at skool!

Spell-checker wouldn't have helped, since 'baldy' is a perfectly good word ... in fact nine out of ten women prefer it - something to do with the testosterone I believe!

This is true... the spelling bit, not the "women love hairless men" bit :rofl:

Well; if you have Firefox as a browser you can download a dictionary. ;)

I know, running FF here at home! Dad's laptop is on IE though.

I like my Xenons because of the vastly superior spread they have - this helps me to see potential dangers such as kangaroos and wombats on the side of the road in time to take evasive action if they look like doing a kamikaze lunge for the bit of road I'm about to drive on.

Mine did come with lo beam set way too high (PDI, what PDI ?), and I had to get quite insistent with my dealer to get them adjusted correctly. My only regret is that the Octy doesn't have bi-xenons like the Golf, as hi beam is a bit poor by comparison.

I like my Xenons because of the vastly superior spread they have - this helps me to see potential dangers such as kangaroos and wombats on the side of the road

Wow never seen them with my xenons :rofl: