vRS LE - try the back seats as well as the fronts before buying

Had a sit in one today for the first time.

Front seats awesome - comfy, grippy, and fantastic to look at in full leather, but then I sat in the back !

OK, I know I drive, so I won't be sitting in the back, but the kids obviously do.

The rear seat was horrible - it's hard, and you feel as if you are perched on it, rather than in it. You don't want a seat that's too soft, but I found it way too far the other way.

Have to say that the wheels do look better in the flesh, and the steering wheel is not as bad as I thought. Still prefer the old-style instruments, centre console and mirrors.

Colour is quite classy, bit of a shame they didn't produce any with the DSG 'box.

Had a sit in one today for the first time.

Front seats awesome - comfy, grippy, and fantastic to look at in full leather, but then I sat in the back !

OK, I know I drive, so I won't be sitting in the back, but the kids obviously do.

The rear seat was horrible - it's hard, and you feel as if you are perched on it, rather than in it. You don't want a seat that's too soft, but I found it way too far the other way.

Have to say that the wheels do look better in the flesh, and the steering wheel is not as bad as I thought. Still prefer the old-style instruments, centre console and mirrors.

Colour is quite classy, bit of a shame they didn't produce any with the DSG 'box.

well.... so what:confused:

well.... so what:confused:

This is a forum.

People discuss things.

People pass comment on things.

If you're not interested, you don't have to read it.

If you don't want to read it, don't waste time posting worthless responses.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

if you regularly carry passengers theres nothing worse than them complaining about there uncomfortable, especially when you've just spent 5 figures on buying it

Thanks for posting a sensible response - at least someone else is on the same wavelength :thumbup:

And there was me hoping it was just that they're new and would soften up a bit in time. What do you reckon are the chances of this happening?

No reason why they shouldn't I suppose, but I've never had a car with full leather interior.

I didn't intend putting people off buying, solely to point out that it might be worth considering before parting with your hard-earned.

I just happened to find them particularly hard and uncomfortable.

I think as drivers it's very easy to just sit in the driver's seat and think it feels fantastic, without considering what it will be like for others who might travel with you.

Edited by thebrymar

I have had many a strange glance from car sales people when I have sat on the back seat of any car I tested, although I have only done it to make sure that I am not going to have any passengers knees in my back when I am driving - not a problem in the Octavia.

I have thought the back seats were a bit too upright though..........then again, I am always the one driving so stuff 'em, there is always the bus ;)

i sat in the back of my old L&K once and noticed how hard the seats were and wouldnt have wanted to be in them much. I checked the VRS seats when I got it and they are much more comfy

Seats are a personnel choice......yes I suppose the leather is hard when new but to be honest I have found them to be comfortaby back ones included...Drove down to London bank holiday weekend with the inlaws in the back who are 80+ round trip of around of about 500 miles and they commented on how comfortable the seats were....

Are the rear seats different in the LE? My rear seats are very hard, especially the middle which is kind of uncomfortable AND hard..

No I dont think they are different apart from the full leather trim. TBH the middle section is a funny one because really speaking the rear seats are designed for 2 passangers it fits 3 comfortably as in many cars but I would like to be the one sat in the middle on a long journey

I think the normal VRS rear seats are hard as hell to. Not that my 8 yr old has ever complained...

I don't think they are too bad. Never had any complaints.

Centre seat in the rear might be a bit uncomfortable I suppose, it's not a proper seat.

I think leather seats are harder full stop.

My vRS mk 2 has full leather and the seats are much firmer than the standard trim.

You do get used to them in time though.

That was the point I was attempting to make - on first try they just hit me as being very, very firm.

It is still a very good looking motor, although I'd obviously the state to the hatch :thumbup: