Need a cheaper car

I currently have a Fabia vrs. Great car, done everything I've needed it to do. I am currently in the process of buying a Gilera Fuoco so I want to sell/trade in the furby and get something as cheap to run/insure as possible. I'm going nuts flicking through all the tax bands and insurance groups. Anyone got any ideas what I should aim for? I don't need fast, just cheap to run and to insure. :confused:

I currently have a Fabia vrs. Great car, done everything I've needed it to do. I am currently in the process of buying a Gilera Fuoco so I want to sell/trade in the furby and get something as cheap to run/insure as possible. I'm going nuts flicking through all the tax bands and insurance groups. Anyone got any ideas what I should aim for? I don't need fast, just cheap to run and to insure. :confused:

whats one of them?

it depends on your price bracket really, when i just got rid of my fabia i was looking at a fiesta zetec s tdci, £35 a year tax, group 5 i think, good on fuel and not a bad little motor by all accounts

If funds allowed, it would have to be a Fabia 2 1.4Tdi 80bhp for me :thumbup:

I have questions before I offer Idea's :D

1. Milage Per Year

2. How Long you intend to keep it.

3. What physical Size you Prefer

4. 3/5 doors

5. Mainly town, or outta town ??

I thinks thats it....... yup

Timelord :D

1. 5000

2. Foreseeable future

3. Small/Medium

4. 3 or 5

5. Town mostly occasional motorway hauls

Me thanks you

whats one of them?

it depends on your price bracket really, when i just got rid of my fabia i was looking at a fiesta zetec s tdci, £35 a year tax, group 5 i think, good on fuel and not a bad little motor by all accounts

Is that the 1.4 TDCi? I think I've found a new contender. :)

Forgot the most important question... What is your projected budget ??

Timelord

As little as possible but no more than £4000.

I don't mind dull/boring/mundane as the Fuoco will be my entertainment. :)

We sold our 1.4 TDCi Fiesta about 3 months ago, it's a horrible car IMO with a pretty poor and gutless engine.

I know you've probably already considered it but why not just keep the Fabia.

Economy wise you can't beat it by much if driven sensibly. I guess it's the tax/insurance killing it as an option?

they are a 1.6 tdci, not really going to touch the fabia on power but got enough poke i suppose, alot come with half leather if you happen to find the right one

I want something in £35 a year road tax so the Fabia has to go. £4000 is the maximum I want to spend, if I trade in and get more than that for the Fabia even better. I don't mind the next car being gutless as it will only be driven in the snow or if I absolutely have to drive the car, I have been looking at sdi version so that's how little I mind gutlessness.

Going to look at a Fiesta 1.4tdci this afternoon and possibly a Polo petrol.

I want something in £35 a year road tax so the Fabia has to go. £4000 is the maximum I want to spend, if I trade in and get more than that for the Fabia even better. I don't mind the next car being gutless as it will only be driven in the snow or if I absolutely have to drive the car, I have been looking at sdi version so that's how little I mind gutlessness.

Going to look at a Fiesta 1.4tdci this afternoon and possibly a Polo petrol.

forgive me, but why spend in order to spend just under £100 a year on tax? Equally, the Fabia is good on fuel and only group 9 insurance. It's hardly expensive to run is it?

forgive me, but why spend in order to spend just under £100 a year on tax? Equally, the Fabia is good on fuel and only group 9 insurance. It's hardly expensive to run is it?

That's a good point. It's the astronomical figure I will have to pay for bike insurance added to the Fabia insurance plus 2 road taxes. I'm slowly going off the trade in idea and my car might be for sale very shortly.