VRS MK1 HiFi Sat Nav prob?Help!!

Can someone help?

My HiFi Sat Nav turns itself off after an hours journey-push on button and it returns to what it was set to before shutting off?????????? Is this norm?

Also when playing hifi,it goes quiet when i slow down in traffic or pull up at lights etc but volume goes up when i go back above 20mph.

Are both of these settings that can be altered or have i got probs???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Can someone help?

Also when playing hifi,it goes quiet when i slow down in traffic or pull up at lights etc but volume goes up when i go back above 20mph.

Are both of these settings that can be altered or have i got probs???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't have the same model as you but on my Octavia Elegance you can set the amount of increase of volume with speed. Sounds like someone has set yours to be normally almost off and with a large increase of volume with speed.

Try pressing the TP button for more than 2 seconds to bring up the Set Up Menu and then look for GALA, the name for this function.

The power problem is most likely caused by a blown fuse on the switched supply to the headunit. Basically the headunit thinks the engine is still off, so goes to sleep after 1hr which is default behaviour for most VAG units.

GALA setup

press AUDIO button

move to SETTINGS (rotate lh knob and press)

move to VOLUME SETUP (rotate lh knob and press)

settings for bass treb etc

move to VOLUME SETUP lh knob

setting for GALA at bottom (adjust to middle and try there )