Performance modifications to the throttle body

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest westallc
i have a gt28 on with 6speed gearbox equal length manifold and abd inlet ported head. lost a lot of low down but excellent mid and high rpm. might be better on standardbox as it closer ratio.

lucky boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any pics of the car ??

who did all the work???

uuuuummmmmmmmm gt power :D

Ah right :)

I want a GT2871RS. Need to fine someone how has one fitted to let my Mrs drive their car and see what its like. She wants to make sure its not too laggy or undrivable, but like the stock car, just quicker :D Once she gives approval i will be on to Mike :D

Garry

dont bother getting the gt28!!! or get mike to fit it.

in reality i wish i had gone some where else and got a slightly smaller turbo!!!

probably would have gone down the ihi route or the k04 route. but definately some where else.

Have you stopped tinkering then. :P

yeah for now. lol. there is nothing else i want to do except the throttle body as a reliable source has told me that it works, so iam going to give it a try. it will be trialled on a spare TB so if it dont work it can be swapped back with no side effects.

once its finished i will stop tinkering i promise. sorry when it gets finished. but that itself is an unknown date. thats that back out of my control then!!!!

i have a gt28 on with 6speed gearbox equal length manifold and abd inlet ported head. lost a lot of low down but excellent mid and high rpm. might be better on standardbox as it closer ratio.

Sounds good. Now where are you located :D

dont bother getting the gt28!!! or get mike to fit it.

in reality i wish i had gone some where else and got a slightly smaller turbo!!!

probably would have gone down the ihi route or the k04 route. but definately some where else.

Thanks for the advise. I will do all the fitting myself but will get Mike to map it for me.

What manifold did you use with your GT28? A poor manifold can increase lag loads compared to a well designed tubular manifold. In my job im lucky enough to be able to get these made here so its no problem for me.

Kind Regards

Garry

IIRC R32 throttle body is 70mm and i know where you can get adaptor plate from.WMI seems to be getting good reviews from a little outlay if timing etc.. is adjusted.

Sounds good. Now where are you located :D

Thanks for the advise. I will do all the fitting myself but will get Mike to map it for me.

What manifold did you use with your GT28? A poor manifold can increase lag loads compared to a well designed tubular manifold. In my job im lucky enough to be able to get these made here so its no problem for me.

Kind Regards

Garry

i using a stainless equal length manifold

i'm in stoke on trent.

Ah, too far then :)

i planning on stroker kit bigger valves gt317r turbo and got custom inlet with 3"housing and billet rail with 630cc injectors

Image044.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image047_1-1.jpg

Nice

who's mike? his he good and where he based?

Mike owns and runs Impossible Performance. Top Bloke :D

Garry

Guest westallc

mike is an abd sealer and also is prob the best bloke to map a car they are truly awesome as alot on here will tell you....

clean your car lol nice mods:D would you be better off changing the frount mount to a bigger one as that again will lower the lag and optimise coolong as has been proven on andyrews car :thumbup:

will get a bigger front mount when start build but for now it ok. it could do with a map it made 261bhp last time but added big ported head stainless equal length manifold and abd racing inlet manifold since so looking round the 300 mark with increased torque as only making 211lbft last time running 22psi

Guest westallc

did you have the map alterd when you got those extras added ?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s its not a cheap ebay one is it?????

should be seiing alot more power from a gt 28 with the mods should be good for 300+ going into needing bottom doing

best person to spek to is delcac on here as he has prob done just about everthing you can do to the octy with all manners of turbo's etc etc

211torque what the hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where to start with this thread. :rotz:

Andrew, don't mess with the TB!

Everyone else, GT's are agro. If you are not prepared for a load of heart ache, leave well alone.

........no one is going to listen soooooo.........good luck cos you are going to need it.

I don't know where to start with this thread. :rotz:

Andrew, don't mess with the TB!

Everyone else, GT's are agro. If you are not prepared for a load of heart ache, leave well alone.

........no one is going to listen soooooo.........good luck cos you are going to need it.

Can i just buy your engine Des :D

Will swap it for my engine and a set of cams. :D

What would you suggest for the 350bhp mark?

Obviously Pistons and Rods would be uprated at that time.

Garry

a company called bexley motorsport did he mapping. i not had it done since needs doing get lot more out of it. needs bottom end doing as i already chucked a conrod. wanting a stroker kit make it 2ltr and solid. car is quick has it is does 330bhp cossies

did you have the map alterd when you got those extras added ?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s its not a cheap ebay one is it?????

should be seiing alot more power from a gt 28 with the mods should be good for 300+ going into needing bottom doing

best person to spek to is delcac on here as he has prob done just about everthing you can do to the octy with all manners of turbo's etc etc

211torque what the hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the car never had the mods on when was mapped only gt28 uprated fuel pump 440cc injectors and fmic

Guest westallc
a company called bexley motorsport did he mapping. i not had it done since needs doing get lot more out of it. needs bottom end doing as i already chucked a conrod. wanting a stroker kit make it 2ltr and solid. car is quick has it is does 330bhp cossies

but if you havent mapped it for the mods surely you would have been having some serious fueling issues?????

p.s what suspension mods have you done???

chucked conrod on 261 bhp 211 lb?? seems odd

Edited by westallc