Oil Light

Well, the normal plan is, if the oil light comes on, that can mean trouble. One of the things a car engine needs is lubrication, without that it will heat up and trash the bearing surfaces and eventually seize. When this happens, it could cost quite a lot to fix! One question, does your car engine sound louder than normal - if not then you might just be lucky - do you feel lucky?

I had the same problem a few weeks back. Oil pressure warning light on but oil level was fine. Easy to test if it's a knackered sender, just unplug the black electrical connector and look for oil in it, there shouldn't be any. If there is it's an easy fix, new oil pressure sender was £6.43 inc VAT from my nearest Skoda dealer, took about 10 mins to change.

I can disconnect the wire from the oil switch.

So I believe the oil switch will still work and the problem is the wire.

I no an electrician that might be able to connect the two but it looks tricky as it is right at the end of the wire.