Computer stuck

Have 55 plate Octy 2.0 140 bhp dsg Elegance .Happened to look at screen and what mpg is doing and noticed 44.7 mpg, thought thats a bit low, looked again half hour later still 44.7 mpg, by now it usually say's about 60 mpg. So its stuck so what can it be and is it a vag com job or other, be obliged for help on this one.

Thanks guy's for remarks, i did try resetting on 1 &2 whilst driving does this mean i should not do this or was the remark to try swapping 1& 2. Disconnecting the battery will this cause other problems . As i said it happens on both programs and as the mpg was locked it would not be the average showing,

Disconnecting the battery will reset the computer and might fix it.

My old Seat Toledo decided not to unlock all the doors via the keyfob, disconnected the battery for a while and then all working fine.

1 is your overall average that will kep going until reset. 2 is your current journey average.

Resetting when moving isnt that bad, but can mask real MPGs. Dont expect either to vary wildly during a journey unless lots of stop start or spanking it. Also remember the computer isnt spot on, and can vary a lot from what your actual brim fill mpg is. In otherwords dont treat it as gospel!

1 is the average which will count until the car is shut off for about 4 hours IIRC, after this period it will be zeroed.

2 is the average which will count until a certain amount of kms (9999kms or so) or a certain amount of time. Will hold its memory even after leaving the car over 4 hours.

1 I use for my trips, 2 I use for the period between tankstops.

Didn't know my car had these two memory settings until I read this thread:O

1 is the average which will count until the car is shut off for about 4 hours IIRC, after this period it will be zeroed.

2 is the average which will count until a certain amount of kms (9999kms or so) or a certain amount of time. Will hold its memory even after leaving the car over 4 hours.

Checking the user manual, it says 2 hours hold on memory 1.

Memory 2 has 99h 59' time limit / 9999 km distance limit (whichever occurs first).

1 I use for my trips, 2 I use for the period between tankstops.

:thumbup: Yes, this is how I will be using these memory settings.