Convoy to Skoda Rally - 12th July?

Thought we could set up a convoy on part of the M40 going north from the south and south east to the Rally.

Reckon Oxford Services on the M40 could be a good place to meet and start. Its Junction 8A and the Rally is at Junction 12....

I am coming up from Weybridge, Surrey area.

Anyone interested?

i was going to put a thread up using the laybys each side of the A34 at bicester where it joins the M40, but carry on. which one is 8a is that thame or the services after bicester.

How about meet at Oxford Services at 730-745 am? and wait for the South East convoy from Clackett lane services (m25 - junction 5-6). They are leaving at 630am as seen on South East post:

http://briskoda.net/south-east-skoda-meets/south-east-convoy-briskoda-national-day-12th-july/149919/

I know from Junction 10 on the M25 it takes just under an hour on a good run to get to Oxford Services on m40 - so if good journey they should be there about 8am (maybe!)....then it would only be a few more junctions to Gaydon?

Thoughts?

Jess

Anyone travelling from as far south as Portsmouth/Southampton? Usual place for us southerners is Chiveley Services (A34/M4) we can travel up and join M40 pre-meet from there.

I'll make a note of the time, we're aiming to leave Clackett Lane on the M25 around 6:30 so providing the traffic isn't too bad near Heathrow we should be able to get to Oxford services before eight.

Not sure how many there are yet coming from Kent & Sussex, probably just a handful of us.

Guest westallc

sorry guys i may have to bow out.....

not 100% sure but the boss rang today and they need me in as im the only one that can do switching hv so dont have a choice,,,.,:mad: :mad: :mad: ( why did i do that training) :o

but has to be ok'd first so might not go ahead and then i will be there with you guys :thumbup:

Anyone travelling from as far south as Portsmouth/Southampton? Usual place for us southerners is Chiveley Services (A34/M4) we can travel up and join M40 pre-meet from there.

im in a bit of a bermuda triangle here, if i meet at chieveley i would have driven the wrong way to start with (20 mins), if i drive over to oxford services ive driven 30 mins in the wrong direction. What ill probably do is settle down in some layby on the A34 and await to see you all.

Other than that how about we have walkie talkies set to channel 3???

Hi, I'm a newby to everything!! Would like to meet up with everybody for the 6.45 convoy to Oxford and onwards if that's ok with you guys?. Simon.

I've added your name to the list in the South East section. We should hopefully be meeting the south central lot in the Oxford services between 7:45 and 8:00 :thumbup:

im in a bit of a bermuda triangle here, if i meet at chieveley i would have driven the wrong way to start with (20 mins), if i drive over to oxford services ive driven 30 mins in the wrong direction. What ill probably do is settle down in some layby on the A34 and await to see you all.

Other than that how about we have walkie talkies set to channel 3???

Paul, same here. i will be coming from Bicester side so could meet in one of the laybys:rolleyes: lol...dont really want to have to travel to 8a but will see how things pan out

Phil

Paul, same here. i will be coming from Bicester side so could meet in one of the laybys:rolleyes: lol...dont really want to have to travel to 8a but will see how things pan out

Phil

Do you have a dogging layby you can recommend :rofl:

Seriously dont mind where, just need someone from the oxford services to call ahead or use a walkie talkie to let us know when they get to the 1 mile from the services or the other option is we get on the m40 and keep with the lorries till they catch up?

Phil

Do you have a dogging layby you can recommend :rofl:

Seriously dont mind where, just need someone from the oxford services to call ahead or use a walkie talkie to let us know when they get to the 1 mile from the services or the other option is we get on the m40 and keep with the lorries till they catch up?

Paul, PM me your mobile no and i'll give you a ring when we are setting off from the Oxford services - will probably be easier than arranging a time as we'll be hanging around for the lot from Kent way to join us before moving on!