South West Convoy to Briskoda National Day

Tigger_1979

The Briskoda National Day on the 12th starts at 9:00 at the motor museum in Gaydon, Warwickshire - see here:

http://briskoda.net/site-news/briskoda-super-rally-day-12th-july/139505/

I dont think anyone is meeting up but it looks like a lot of us will be driving up the Fosse Way.

Edited by Tigger_1979

I will be there, but I say leave Michael Wood AT LEAST by 7am. :)

There will be a 5.30 (Leaving!) convoy from Exeter Services, J30 M5 as well. :)

1) devonutopia (Exeter)

2) Tigger (Michael Wood)

Also, for a route, although most routemaps say go M5/M42/M40, I recommend we come off at the Stroud junction (J9 I think - A46) and follow that round Evesham, round Stratford, and hook up with the M40 at junction 15. Might not save any time, but the road is nicer and overall it will knock about 20 to 30 miles off the overall trip, as well as being more scenic. Road will be still quick too at that hour of the morning. :)

PS: everyone bring Sat-Nav / route knowledge as convoys are not the easiest to keep together....

Not sure your right about the cross country route, The amount of times I tried that and got stuck in drivin through the villages, The Motorway Route I have done loads of times back and forth to Leamington Spa, and it's always been a good half hour quicker, and even quicker ;) sometimes. The cross Country route I find your taking the risk of Car booters Sunday Drivers and Tractors.

I don't mind 2 convoys would be interesting to see which route was quicker on the day ;)

I spose if you wanna save fuel and take your time you could do the cross country route, but if money is no problem and you want an extra ly in bed then stick with the motorway :P

coming off near cheltenham/worcs and following the A40 is a very fast road especially early in the morning, might be worth a look at and plenty of overtaking chances as well as some nice bends :thumbup:

A40 goes the wrong way :confused: Heads back down to Oxford and London.

The only other route that could be tempting is the Fosse way I spose, shortest Distance but most cameras and junctions.

When you get halfway to Oxford you then head upwards along a different road which i cant remember the name off off hand which takes you across and up towards banbury (a361???)

I think it's the A429 that goes up (Fosse Way) as I went up it this weekend at one point. Most of it single carrigeway whereas a lot of the A46 is dual carriageway so as fast as motorway, just witthe odd roundabout. More fun anyway and less distance. :D

Been looking at both routes on Google Maps and if we stick to dead on speed limits or maybe a little slower we can do this both routes A46 and M42 in 1 hour 30mins, but motorway is going to be an extra 15 miles, and difference with the directions (as in getting lost at turnings) 8 turns for Motorway route and 13 turns A46.

I'll probably decide last minute which route im gonna take now, I'll just keep an ear on the Traffic reports driving up M5.

Also as this is saying just less than hour an half I think we should change the leaving time to 7:30am so people can have a little extra sleep :thumbup:

If anyone's planning on passing Swindon enroute give me a shout.

I'm undecided whether to go over to Oxford, Bicester then up the M40 or go A429 from Cirencester, Northleach & Bourton-on-the-water:rolleyes:

I'm undecided whether to go over to Oxford, Bicester then up the M40 or go A429 from Cirencester, Northleach & Bourton-on-the-water:rolleyes:

Mate i'll be going the oxford route via swindon:thumbup: not sure what time i'm leaving home yet though:D

We'll most likely be going from Swindon via Burford to Stow and then on up the A429 :thumbup:

As no one wants the Motorway route I think I will take the easy drive straight up the Fosse Way. Shortest route door to door for me :) Also gives me more of a lie in which I think I may need, becuase I am seeing a cool band called Left Side Brain the night before :thumbup:

Now decided to hook up with the A429 via M5 junction 11A Glos, instead of M4 J18. :)

Jason you starting to sound like a women :p i bet you change your mind again before you get there tomorrow.;)