Sat nav

Can anyone tell me where to get an up to date disc for my 06 superb sat nav. was with the dealer today getting the dpf fluid regenerated and asked. they said it costs in the region of £100 but the salesman advised to get one on ebay for a lot less. do any of the vw / audi / seat ones work or what exactly should i look for?

You need a Tele Atlas DX CD.

I've bought CD's for several European countries on E Bay and the one I have for Germany is a VW Club issue that came from Lithuania. It has some extra features in German that I don't know what they are for, but the maps work fine. They are all second hand as it would be very expensive to buy them all new, but all that is missing is new developments and roads that I have not had a problem with. I find I don't need the Sat Nav for the main routes, more the towns to find the hotel when I arrive near my destination.

Can anyone tell me where to get an up to date disc for my 06 superb sat nav. was with the dealer today getting the dpf fluid regenerated and asked. they said it costs in the region of £100 but the salesman advised to get one on ebay for a lot less. do any of the vw / audi / seat ones work or what exactly should i look for?

DPF Fluid regenerated? What does that involve, and how much did it cost? Only reason I ask is that mine regenerates twice a week, so concerned about the regeneration fluid running low.

I got it done by a dealer but made the dealer who I bought it of pay. The fluid costs in the region of £40 per litre and took 4 litres. The dealership charges £55 @ hr + VAT for labour and they said it takes 2 hours which I would have my doubts about. The fluid is added to a special reservoir in the fuel tank.

I got it done by a dealer but made the dealer who I bought it of pay. The fluid costs in the region of £40 per litre and took 4 litres. The dealership charges £55 @ hr + VAT for labour and they said it takes 2 hours which I would have my doubts about. The fluid is added to a special reservoir in the fuel tank.

The fluid reservior is under the spare wheel. How many miles has your car done, as I do a fair few, and would like to know how long the fluid is likely to last. Bearing in mind my particle filter regenerates about twice a week on average.

• 1 month later...

I'm off to Hungary and The Republic of Slovakia next week and I'm disappointed that there seems to be no Sat Nav discs for these countries. In fact, the only Eastern European countries that are covered are The Czech Republic and Poland.

What happens to cars sold in these countries with no disc. Do the owners just accept a blank screen, especially if they bought the Sat Nav as an optional extra?

Also, cars sold in Western European countries near the border to Eastern Europe must be disappointed too. For instance, a lot of Austrians travel throgh Slovenia to Crotia. The Sat Nav would be useless at a time it is most needed!

I'm fine with maps and growing up in the 1950's and 1960's when there were few motorways and bypasses meant you had to get a good grasp of them if you wanted to find your way.

I've got loads of them and enjoy scouring over them for the route to take, but the problem is getting SWMBO to understand them and read them when we're on the move!

Here you go

Another legit source for the maps

Online Shop - Tele Atlas

Any of the Travelpilot-DX map disks will work ok, it's just a case of find the cheapest supplier of the most up to date maps :)

This is the one I bought

Online Shop - Tele Atlas

Cripes, that's expensive! My 2005 disc is totally pants.

I had the same problem - I normally use a tom tom in my old car but thought i'd use the Sat Nav as it's built in to my Superb.

Unfortunately i tried to put in a london postcode and got just W6 as an option - that's a pretty big area to search for a customer (I drive for a living) :eek:

So i've bought the 2009/10 disc for over a hundred quid (£110 inc delivery) ... Tried it today and got W6 and the next digit! Hooray!

Unfortunately - it's still a bl**dy huge area to search ... :(

And it doesn't even tell me where the speed camera's are!

Does anyone have a good reccomendation for a seperate (not too expensive) speed camera detector? ;)

Otherwise it's back to the Tom Tom for me!

I had the same problem - I normally use a tom tom in my old car but thought i'd use the Sat Nav as it's built in to my Superb.

Unfortunately i tried to put in a london postcode and got just W6 as an option - that's a pretty big area to search for a customer (I drive for a living) :eek:

So i've bought the 2009/10 disc for over a hundred quid (£110 inc delivery) ... Tried it today and got W6 and the next digit! Hooray!

Unfortunately - it's still a bl**dy huge area to search ... :(

And it doesn't even tell me where the speed camera's are!

Does anyone have a good reccomendation for a seperate (not too expensive) speed camera detector? ;)

Otherwise it's back to the Tom Tom for me!

Novus or Talex .... there are loads of threads on here about the 2, much better than the TomTom Speed camera POI's and yes ........ I have used them all.