Recommend me some brake pads

Will be fitting 312's in the next few weeks, but need brake pads...

Discs are drilled and grooved, if it makes a difference...

OE pads at £55 + VAT

Redstuff pads at £70 inc VAT and delivery

Tarox Strada from Awesome GTI - £71 + VAT and delivery (unless there is a forum discount I have missed)

Mintex M1155 - £60 delivered

Dont want to be paying ridiculous money for a set of pads, but would like something good.

Does anyone rate the redstuff pads? Dont want greenstuff though. Heard nothing but bad things...

Edited by Disco_Mikey

With brake pads I normally say stick to Mintex or Ferodo. However I am a fan of EBC and use them in all of our cars. The Ultimax are the same as or a little better then OEM and pass the Regulation 90 (or whatever it is), however they are probably softer and even worse than Greens. I personally have and had no problems with Greens, but other members on here seem to disagree with me. If you do track days and/or have a modified, ie remapped car then Reds will do or even Yellows for lots of trackdays.

A lot of people praise Ferodo DS2500 pads, however when I have checked they are £100 and over.

I suppose it's up to you, but if you drive you car normally, stick to OEMs, however if you drive briskly buy upgrade pads and as someone once said "Speed is desirable stopping is essential"

do you not have a TPS centre near you ?............OE pads can be had for a lot less than that

Quoted £55 + VAT from TPS through my work...

A lot of people praise Ferodo DS2500 pads, however when I have checked they are £100 and over.

Thats why i didnt even consider them. The cheapest I found them was £120 + delivery...

Think i will probably go for Mintex M1155's...

I think those are DS performance not DS2500's?

There is a difference.

I think you are right, after doing a quick search, there are 2 types of performance pad for the Fabia made by Ferodo.

The DS performance "Street" pad: Product code: FDS 1419 Ferodo / DS Performance Pads (Front) 'Street' / Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi, RS - Euro Performance Car Parts

The DS2500 "Track" pad: Product code: FCP 1419H Ferodo / DS2500 Pads (Front) 'Track' / Skoda Fabia 1.9 TDi RS (with Lucas Calipers) - Euro Performance Car Parts

However as the price of both of them are quite high, I don't think he will bother.

Edited by Jim H

In all honesty, unless your working them hard you will not do much better than OEM spec pads anyway. I normally go down the motorfactors and get when ever they have if I am fitting them to a standard card and I have never had a problem. The Apecs they normally stock are £32 a set for the VRS.

If you want a good value brake upgrade which will improve a bit feel and reduce fade change your fluid to either dot 5.1 or super 4 which will cost you about a tenner for the fkuid and however long it takes to change it.

If you want a good value brake upgrade which will improve a bit feel and reduce fade change your fluid to either dot 5.1 or super 4 which will cost you about a tenner for the fkuid and however long it takes to change it.

Brake fluid will be done at the same time :thumbup:

ive had very good experience with yellow stuff pads but dont think you can get them for the fabia

Yeah, just figure out what they are the same as. They are still £100 a set though and I would hate to use them in the cold