Ipswich meet in August

Stug

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to meet everyone today, hope you found your ice cream van OK in Bawdsey.

Hopefully this is the first of many meets, the turnout was good with 8 cars (I think) a mix of standard and non-standard.

I was well impressed with some of the cars, your motor Stug71 was quicker than my remapped Fabia VRS, you've done a good job there.

I'm sure we all regressed about 20 years in age on the journey to Woodbridge judging by the beaming smiles at the other end :cool:

See you all at the next meet :thumbup: By then I will have my "General Pete" flag on the roof (General Lee might be seen as very non-PC) and my musical airhorns.

Really good to meet you guys today. (Even the oddball red octavia Stug. Does sound nice ticking over) lol.

Run out to Bawdsey was hindered by a guy in a BMW. Typical.

The run back after was good. It's a nice road to drive if it's a bit clearer.

Gonna have to get mine chipped/mapped soon.

Hope to see you all soon.

Cheers for the pics static. All looking good in a row.

Si.

It was really nice to meet everyone today. Some very nice cars and great weather too.

Must say Stug71 your car was the most suprising, a real subtle but fast car:thumbup:

Adam

Hello :thumbup:, really good to meet you all.

Thanks Pete my old girl don't go to bad does she but i'm sure when you get the general lee mods done that will deffo give you some more bhp, especially the air horns lol.

Thanks for the photo's Static, they look good. Bawdsey run was spoilt a bit by a BMW driver as Blueriver says (do like your user name si :D) but the ice cream was nice at the end.

Blueriver you may of had a good run back but i got stuck behind them sunday drivers and when i did get past got stuck behind even slower ones :rotz: you were probably already at home by that time. Really like your wheels.

Thanks Adam hope you had a good trip back. Was really good to see all them Skoda's in convoy and i think they were all quick, even the billy no mates red one :o

Tim why was your drive back interesting? you can't dangle a carrot like that and not tell us more!! :D

Thats it essay over, take care all and thanks for coming

I absolutely flee home :D

Only met one driver going the same way as me, and when I went to overtake she pointed out of the drivers window and drifted onto the other side of road :eek: clearly wasn't paying any attention to what was behind. I eased off a bit and waited until the next straight bit to get past :thumbup:

Yes, ice cream was good!!

Aside: got my black fog surrounds fitted this evening. Black grill surround next!

I absolutely flee home :D

Only met one driver going the same way as me, and when I went to overtake she pointed out of the drivers window and drifted onto the other side of road :eek: clearly wasn't paying any attention to what was behind. I eased off a bit and waited until the next straight bit to get past :thumbup:

Yes, ice cream was good!!

Aside: got my black fog surrounds fitted this evening. Black grill surround next!

More flppiing sunday drivers :rotz:. I will look forward to seeing your surrounds and grill next time :thumbup:.

Good to meet everyone today.

Had a good run back on the A12. Spotted a yellow Octy mk1 vRS just outside Beccles, so there are some other non-silver and black ones around, Stug71 :)

Will post my photos tomorrow as they need resizing first.

Good to meet everyone today.

Had a good run back on the A12. Spotted a yellow Octy mk1 vRS just outside Beccles, so there are some other non-silver and black ones around, Stug71 :)

Will post my photos tomorrow as they need resizing first.

Lol ,thats good to know that there's other colours out there just need them to come along.

Glad you had a good run back :thumbup: look forward to seeing the photos

Well done on the pics Mercurio.:thumbup:

Stug71 is gonna get one hell of a complex about his car! I think he thinks we don't love him anymore. (We do really)

Next meet we will have to take more pics of his car to fit in. Be nice to get some more colours in too.:rainbow:

I might be able to persuade a friend to come along (and join briskoda), although he does have a BLACK Mk1 Octy RS. Gonna have to look out for more colours in the area.

Stug, you'll have to take flyers out with you everywhere to put on other coloured cars to come along.

Thanks Blueriver & Mercurio I'm feeling the love :thumbup::D

Good news Stug. I was chatting to the guy at work with the red Octy Sport today and he says he's up for coming to the next meet.

So should we start discussing a date?

Thats really spooky Mercurio, I was just about to start a new thread about the september meet then i saw you had put a new post on. I was thinking the 13th of september, how are you fixed for that?

We really should of talked more about this sunday but time just went so quick.

Great news about the guy from work you have got to come along :thumbup::thumbup:

I think we might have to go a bit further ahead then because i can't make the 20th or 27th but if some of the other guys can make them dates we might have to miss out this one :rotz:.

Perhaps we should go for the middle of October then, give us all a bit more time.

Any other ideas everyone? Be good to get the thread started soon, i just can't wait for the next one.:D