Fabia brake light problem

Auldbuff

There is a brake light problem on my daughters 2002 Fabia 1.4.

When you activate the brakes the passenger side brake light is not as bright as the drivers side.

The problem has just occurred and the original bulbs are fitted, none have blown.

I have re-checked the bulbs and also changed them but the problem still exists.

I have checked all the wiring at the bulbs....checked for slack earth etc.but still the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Idris

Hi, Leesman, 'equal luminesence ? Haven't heard that term before.Interestingly enough I am sure when she left our house the other night with side lights on the brake lights seemed to work fine.I just caught site of the car going round the corner so I thought they were working.

When she came today without side lights they reverted back to one side bright one dull!

Any ideas?

Auldbuff

Still sounds like a possible earthing fault that you've already investigated to me! The reason why I asked if the rear light brightness was equal, was because it is possible to force the bulb in upside down despite the key way if you really try! Or for that matter the wrong bulb, but you said they were original spec? I'm having a beer with a m8 who is a well seasoned Skoda mechanic tomorrow, I'll pick his brain for you if you like?

More of a Fabia 1 or possibly general maintenance problem?

If the brake lights and sidelights are ok together, and one brakelight is brighter when the sidelights are off, I'd suspect a supply problem causing a high resistance after the common line from the brake pedal switch splits. For all it costs, and given that you should have spares anyway, I'd also try replacing the suspect bulb.

• 2 weeks later...