Which FMIC?

metz

Well ive emptied the moths from my wallet and i'm going to order a front mount intercooler for the vRS this week, i'm just undecided as to which is best to get...the forge item or the pro alloy one from jabbasport.

Do any of you guys hav experience with either?

iam not wanting to do the big mouth front end and as such worry the forge cooler will be wasted behind the crash bar.

Just got offered a seat sport one, looked a bit of a pain to fit right so said no. I'm by no means mechanically minded so was looking for a kit that bolts straight on, that way even i shouldnt be able to mess it up.

The forge kit is around £590 from what i have seen and the Pro alloy one is almost £800 from Jabbasport.

On price alone i know which one i would prefer but with half the forge one hid behind plastic and metal i wondered if i would be getting the benefit from it compared to the pro alloy kit.

The forge kit is around £590 from what i have seen and the Pro alloy one is almost £800 from Jabbasport.

On price alone i know which one i would prefer but with half the forge one hid behind plastic and metal i wondered if i would be getting the benefit from it compared to the pro alloy kit.

I used to have the Forge one on mine (it's my graphs on their website). It works and works well - certainly up to coping with my 191 HP remap.

Can't speak for the Jabba one - FMICs aren't the sort of thing you buy two of!

dont fmic's generally cause a bit more lag and make the car less responsive until twinned with a hybrid?? or is that just a myth?
I never noticed any change in the lag on mine when going from SMIC to FMIC - but then the car was remapped.

dont fmic's generally cause a bit more lag and make the car less responsive until twinned with a hybrid?? or is that just a myth?

More true of petrol installations, IMO. We don't have BOVs or re-circs to worry about and no nasty throttle plate starving the engine of air at lower revs and on cruise.

There are almost certainly values set in the ECU that would benefit froma tweak though.

J.

please do not worry about any turbo lag when the intercooler is fiited it is almost impercievable ,

The portion of the intercooler begind the crash bar does get air flow when the car is moving , this can only help , if you need any reassurance on this kit please check our Basils Fabia , he has our FMIC and he is very pleased , this is a bolt up kit with all necessary parts supplied for an easy intstall