Last Rattle Fixed

Well it's only taken 7 months of VRs ownership, but I finally got round to fixing the last cabin rattle today. :rofl:

Noticed if I drive with the rear seats folded down, no rattle. Spotted two rubber buffers that you can screw in and out, one each side of the area the seat sits against when in the upright position. Turned each one out 2 turns, put seats back up, no rattles :D

Kind of strange sensation, the car feels really smooth when your ears are not being bombarded with unwanted noises. :rofl:

Dude, I note you got the Fabia LE - do (did) your leather seats squeak at all? I think it's the leather seats anyway... My rear ones groan, squeak and squeal so much, especially in the hot weather - I've only had the car 2 months and it's driving me insane! Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Apart from the squeaking seats I seem to be ok for rattling trim etc (unless the squeaking is masking any other rattles, hahaha!).

Dude, I note you got the Fabia LE - do (did) your leather seats squeak at all? I think it's the leather seats anyway... My rear ones groan, squeak and squeal so much, especially in the hot weather - I've only had the car 2 months and it's driving me insane! Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Apart from the squeaking seats I seem to be ok for rattling trim etc (unless the squeaking is masking any other rattles, hahaha!).

Yes I had the groaning leather seats (sounded like newly weds going at it hammer and tongs) :rofl:

There is a felt buffer between the two rear upright seat backs, but it's the two seat bases that squeak against each other. Autoglym leather cream to the rescue. Just buff up the area where the two seat bases meet, and no more humping noises from the back seats. :rofl:

If that doesn't work, slip a piece of felt between the rear seat bases where they rub.

Another rear squeak/rattle can come from the fuel sender cover on top of the fuel tank. This is under the drivers side rear seat base. Stick a block of foam rubber 4"x4"x 2" thick, onto the fuel sender plastic cover with double sided tape, yet another rattle fixed.

The problem with rattles is when you've fixed one, another emerges. Gotta love the fabia:)

Yup, the CD Autochanger door has started rattling :rofl: Fixed by jamming a business card along the bottom.

Well it's only taken 7 months of VRs ownership, but I finally got round to fixing the last cabin rattle today. :rofl:

Noticed if I drive with the rear seats folded down, no rattle. Spotted two rubber buffers that you can screw in and out, one each side of the area the seat sits against when in the upright position. Turned each one out 2 turns, put seats back up, no rattles :D

Kind of strange sensation, the car feels really smooth when your ears are not being bombarded with unwanted noises. :rofl:

Well now you are finished with yours will you want a new challenge ? Mine rattles so much I think its coming apart... Must try the rubber thing. er, I mean the screw rubber thing.

Oh forget it. :rolleyes:

the rattle from the glove box will be the lid its self m8, mechanic for skoda and i remember we replaced a load of them before.

hope that helps.

Sounds about right, holding the handle thing that opens it sometimes shuts it up for a bit.

Any idea on the rough costs for a new one?

sorry for the thread jack moggy lol congratulations, I hope one day I can join the rattle free club. When i bought it about 8 months back it was silent, maybe i should ask the salesman what he did to it!

Good effort, youth! My centre console rattle is the bain of my life at the moment!

Check to see if the seat belt anchor straps are touching the centre consul. This is one of the most common rattles and the 1st one I cured on my car. All I did was stick a bit of rubber strip to the centre consul where the belt anchor was hitting it.

Yes I had the groaning leather seats (sounded like newly weds going at it hammer and tongs) :rofl:

There is a felt buffer between the two rear upright seat backs, but it's the two seat bases that squeak against each other. Autoglym leather cream to the rescue. Just buff up the area where the two seat bases meet, and no more humping noises from the back seats. :rofl:

If that doesn't work, slip a piece of felt between the rear seat bases where they rub.

Another rear squeak/rattle can come from the fuel sender cover on top of the fuel tank. This is under the drivers side rear seat base. Stick a block of foam rubber 4"x4"x 2" thick, onto the fuel sender plastic cover with double sided tape, yet another rattle fixed.

Thanks bro, I'll try that as soon as I get a sec. And the autochanger thing too!

Good man MoggyFellow, I just did the same on my seats and no more rattles! Also noticed that the rear headrests 'tap' the back of the sear inners annoyingly, so removed them and stuck them in the boot.

Check to see if the seat belt anchor straps are touching the centre consul. This is one of the most common rattles and the 1st one I cured on my car. All I did was stick a bit of rubber strip to the centre consul where the belt anchor was hitting it.

No, it's not that - thanks anyway. Think I'm gonna have to lift it up and screw it down again to see if that sorts it. When available time = can't stand it any longer!