Suspension bolt help

Hi people am fitting coilovers to my fab and am stuck on the main bolt that holds the suspension strut into the hub on the front

it's a spline m12 style bolt , now I've never came across one if these before so am going to have to buy one

Can anyone please confirm the size for me please ?

Thanks in advance , jeff

I'm sure the correct way to remove the shocker assembly from the knuckle/hub is to compress the spring on the car with the correct tools, might be possible to get normal spring compressors in to do the same thing

I'm sure the correct way to remove the shocker assembly from the knuckle/hub is to compress the spring on the car with the correct tools, might be possible to get normal spring compressors in to do the same thing

That's the way I did it and it was very very awkward. May be down to the type of compressors I've got but they were fowling on the spring cup on the strut. A different type of compressor may work better.

That's the way I did it and it was very very awkward. May be down to the type of compressors I've got but they were fowling on the spring cup on the strut. A different type of compressor may work better.

i clamped mine using the spring "cup" ;)

No don't remove the hub, too much hastle.

- Just remove the arch liner, and the main spline bolt

- compress the springs as far as you can

- spread the hub

- spray some wd40 or similar down between the hub and strut

- you should then be able to get a rubber mallet and hammer the bottom of the spring holder upwards, slowly easing the strut from the hub

- when its clear the hub should drop to one side

- you can then take the 3 bolts out from the strut top and remove the strut.