Virtual Exhaust Valve

l jones

Spoke To Mike At Impossibe About The New Apt Exhaust Valve. It Fits Into Your Exhaust Before The Cat. Its Boost Actuated, So At Idle And Cruising The Vehicle Is Quiet, As The Valve Is Shut And Gases Travel Along The Normal Exhaust Route. At Full Chat The Valve Opens And The Majority Of Exhaust Gases Are Vented Straight Out To The Floor. So Basically You Can Keep The Factory Fit 2" Exhaust And Have A Mega 3" Decat At Full Throttle. Price Is

wow sounds ideal and totaly affordable, how about when revved stationary? just thikning of MOT testing ?? no fumes at back if vavlve opens...

would it work with standard boost ??

Also Is It Not Annoying Trying To Type With A Capital At The Start Of Every Word ;)

Joel

The Valve Is Operatetd By An Actuator, Which Is T'd Into The Turbo. It Opens At About 5 Lbs Boost, So At Idle And Normal Use The Valve Is Shut.

still a bit green when it comes to understanding boost...woudl a stock turbo open it ? dunno if it goes up to 5 lol

Joel

Hmmm.. looking the dyno I'd say we need some back pressure, as it's generating less power low down, or it's opening too early? Great on a 1/4 mile where you redline every gear, but not great for response.

May be a slight advantage for FWD cars tho, less power low down but more once rolling.

Has Ferrari got something similar on the 360 but this is purely to pass sound regs.

Also sounds like something from an old Yamaha motorbike.....valve in exhaust opens to give better performance...."power valve"?

Power valves where used on the 2 stroke bikes to tune the exhaust port' date=' on the big 4 strokes it was called the EXUP unit (EXhaust Ultimate Powervalve) again it did the same thing and tuned the back pressure.

interesting.... I like the idea, and on forced induction we shouldn't need any backpressure, should we ?

Discuss :D

Tavia - No turbos don't need any back pressure, best to come straight out the turbo with no exhaust but alais sound regs are an issue and the whopping great flame that you might get out as well might have some bearing on this :D That's why petrol turbo cars see a big improvement with a decat.

and the whopping great flame that you might get out as well might have some bearing on this :D That's why petrol turbo cars see a big improvement with a decat.

Flame under the car. :cool: Why didn't I buy a petrol again......oh that was it insurance :thumbdwn: and MPG :D

Tavia - No turbos don't need any back pressure' date=' best to come straight out the turbo with no exhaust but alais sound regs are an issue and the whopping great flame that you might get out as well might have some bearing on this :D That's why petrol turbo cars see a big improvement with a decat.[/quote']

Ok, thats what I believed, that the turbo itself created enough backpressure, however, can you explain why with it open the dyno shows less power lower down, exactly what I would expect on an NA engine....

(The jury is still out :D)

Ok' date=' thats what I believed, that the turbo itself created enough backpressure, [b']however, can you explain why with it open the dyno shows less power lower down, exactly what I would expect on an NA engine....[/b]

(The jury is still out :D)

Sorry T I seem to be having a blonde day today :D this means ?

No Offence to blondes

Have you looked at the dynograph on the site that sells the exhaust valve?

The run with it open shows more power higher up, but actually less than closed up until about 5250... maybe it's not setup correctly and needs to stay closed for longer...

ves_dyno.jpg

Sorry no Ian I haven't looked.

We are looking at the same graph or I am over looking something but with the cut out open (Bue lines) about 90% of the time it makes more bhp/torque. :confused:

at first glance figured the "pairs" were torque and bhp for each run... not one pair bhp and one pair torque....

:o