which air filter k&n or pipercross

hi , ive got a octy vrs mk1 , was looking in to putting a panel air filter in it and was just wanting 2 kno which is better a k&n or a pipercross does any one have a sugestion?

plus, ive seen a octy with a skoda motorsport badge on the front (replacing the skoda 1 )

does any one know where 2 get it from

cheers

K&N!!!!!

You may as well stuff a bath sponge up there if your guna put a pipercross filter on it,:eek:

I would suggest going on the jetex website and have a look at there’s.

Ive sold and used different filters and defiantly the best panel filters are jetex/jr and k&n:thumbup:

Make sure you dry the excess oil from the filter before you install, as your mas sensor is very vulnerable to being fried by the excess oil in the filters.

I have used the jetex panel filter in my 1.8t, until I purchased a relocation induction pipe from ebay for £20 and put a jetex induction cone on it. As well as a down pipe, cat and system from them if you contact them they’re more than happy to help.

www.jetex.co.uk

I have a K&N panel filter on my vRS and would recommend them to anyone.

Together with a Forge DV it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Personally i think anything other than the Skoda badge on the front looks wrong!

Each to thier own though.

K&N!!!!!

You may as well stuff a bath sponge up there if your guna put a pipercross filter on it,:eek:

Think of it like this a K&N (cotton) or similar is something like 2mm thick and a pipercross (foam) is about 20mm thick.

K&N will offer much better airflow than the pipercross.......for 500 miles or so. After that the pores will start to clog and they will be not much better than standard whereas a pipercross will still have plenty of dust retention and less restriction.

If I was thinking of using a cotton filter I would just change the standard panel filter more regularly. Foam wins for me every time.

Think of it like this a K&N (cotton) or similar is something like 2mm thick and a pipercross (foam) is about 20mm thick.

K&N will offer much better airflow than the pipercross.......for 500 miles or so. After that the pores will start to clog and they will be not much better than standard whereas a pipercross will still have plenty of dust retention and less restriction.

If I was thinking of using a cotton filter I would just change the standard panel filter more regularly. Foam wins for me every time.

:iagree:

K&N and Green panel filters seem to get good write-ups on here.

I've always had K&N panel filters on previous cars just to save putting a £7 OEM filter in every year.

green were better as the k&n had to too much oil and were causing maf issues.

What he said! :D

Had a Pipercross for over a year and no troubles, and I don't have to clean and re-oil it every 3 days, or whatever.

I don’t know were you have got the figure for 500 miles from unless you live in the desert.. Even the pipercross rep that visited my store admits that to 5000 miles of driving in regular UK conditions the k&n will out perform the pipercross.

A saturated multi layer foam filter is harder to clean than a triple layer cotton filter as dirt tends to get trapped in the middle of foam filters, I have had customers trying to return both filters as the weren’t cleaned regularly enough and have permanently clogged

If you go for a eather filter it should be cleaned every 10,000 miles or every year witch ever comes first. If you dry out the excess oil from the filter before fitting the is no maf problems. Any warranty on the filters is only valid if cleaned regularly.

Edited by pinkpolo