Why why why?

Ref the original post, I must admit when I recently got some p/ex values for my VRS from main dealers I was very, very surprised at £5k and even £6k (I realise cost to change is more relevant), they do seem to hold value well. I think the lack of a new Fabia VRS obviously helps, once that comes out maybe prices will start to dwindle.

Ye thats very high for a dealer to be offering that.Just have to wait for the arrival of the new vrs and hopefully it will be a petrol > keeping our prices up!

That does sound a bit steep but the prices are high because owners tend to like their cars so much that they hang on to them. £5.5K for a hundred thousand miler seems high. I was at a garage in Devon a few months back which had a 39K 05 plate silver car sold at £5.7 but the dealer said he could easily have got £6K. He said he has a list of people queuing up for them. I am definately hanging on to mine as i can't find a replacement that offers the same blend of build qulity, performance and running costs.

A good second best would be to get hold of a Fabia 100bhp PD 1.9. It is not as quick as a VRS but still a lively little motor and can be chipped up to VRS levels of performance. A lot more discreet too.

I went to 'Black Horse Cars' (used car supermarket) yesterday, and the sales man said that dealers were buying cars off them in bulk, and then selling them at a profit...........He claimed that the value of cars in their used car valuation books that are issued every month have been increasing every month over the past 6 months!

this is interesting to read as I'm thinking of changing my fabia vrs for something newier. I was expecting to not get that much for it but going on what has been said here I'd probably get more than I expected for it.

Good to know its still holding its price well

If you're after something that's in-stock or sitting at the docks then you might be surprised what you get offered. I was offered 8K as a trade-in against a new Octavia vRS, but I suspect the dealer was getting desperate to shift it as it was the pre-facelift model and it wasn't a special edition.

I got mine 6 months ago, 56 plate not a mark on it, full skoda service history and I payed 7999 and it had done 58thou miles. I was happy to pay that due them holding there value so well and knowing how long the pd130 engine will last.

You pay for what you get imo. There are loads out there but at a good price due to how well people look after them. keep your eyes pealed you will find a great catch sooner or later.

I got mine 6 months ago, 56 plate not a mark on it, full skoda service history and I payed 7999 and it had done 58thou miles. I was happy to pay that due them holding there value so well and knowing how long the pd130 engine will last.

You pay for what you get imo. There are loads out there but at a good price due to how well people look after them. keep your eyes pealed you will find a great catch sooner or later.

How much! :eek:

I can't see Mk1 VRS's dopping in value for sometime yet, even when the Mk2 VRS steps out of the showroom. They do seem a bit unsporty looking as they are so tall and bulky. The mk2's seem to be all about space inside in a smaller car rather than styling. With a Mk2 VRS they will not be that low with sports suspension only 10 to 20mm. less which will not make any difference. I intend to keep my Mk1 for sometime yet and even when I do change it won't be a MK2 VRS, The new Polo's and Ibizas look great and would tempt me, finances permitting of course.

So purac, keep looking mate there are plenty for sale, it's all about choosing the right one but don't let high milers put you off, go for good provenance.