Why why why?

Used Car Valuation Results - What Car?

I know these are only guides, but the cheapest i can find is nearer £5.5k, and that's with silly (130k) miles!!

I have been a member for a while now, and have wanted a furb for AGES, now i'm finally in a position to get one, and it is outside of my price range!!

I know they are popular and good cars etc etc, but surely they can't hold their value this well???

Depends if you're happy to go privately or via a dealer, where a premium will always be paid.

Ye i'm happy to go private - prefer it in fact. - I don't think i have ever seen a vrs for less than 5k, yet going by what car- apparently a 52 reg is only worth 3.5k!

brought my 2003 with 75k on the clock, FSH for £4200 on ebay via a buy it now price. Has a very small dent on one wheel arch and wheels need a refurb.

I was looking for over 2 months

I wouldn't worry about mileage, worry more about how well it's been looked after engine-wise during those miles. I wouldn't mind a high mileage car that's been serviced right, especially if it's mainly motorway. :)

As much as I love that my vRS is holding it's value.. it does worry me that finally, at some point.. their worth will just tumble over night!

Course, it helps that the mk2 Furby hasn't been vRS'd yet.. It also helps the mk1's looks lean it towards mean rather than the more feminine mk2. If there ever is a mk2 vRS (and it's any good) I think that'll be the beginning of the end for the mk1's strange ability to hold it's value!

It's like gambling.. I almost wanna sell up now, a year on and only loose 1 ton or so.. lol.. Won't though as I'm planning to drive it into the ground.. how ever long that takes

The valuations on that site are twaddle. I was offered a full £3000 more than their valuation on a trade-in on an Octavia vRS.

The dealers are quite literally asking stupid money for unmolested low-mileage cars and they are flying off the forecourts. Low insurance, high MPG, excellent reliability and the torquey drive are still a very winning combination. And, even when the new vRS does come out, it's very unlikely it will be a diesel, so I suspect the excellent residuals will continue.

They're high cause there's no replacement... yet :)

Unless all the rumours are wrong, the replacement will be a petrol, not a diesel, in which case the residuals will stay as strong as ever, especially now diesel and petrol are the same price again.

Well I spoke to my dealer last week (Bickertons - Sheffield) initailly about the New Mk2 VRS but we also discussed the Fabia2 vrs.

September next year is the projected release date and there will be a petrol and diesel engine. 2.0ltr is the to be expected. The dealy is due to Skoda wanting to rally the new VRS before production models/specs are confirmed.

How true that information is only time will tell, buts thats the offical line at the moment.

Used Car Valuation Results - What Car?

I know these are only guides, but the cheapest i can find is nearer £5.5k, and that's with silly (130k) miles!!

I have been a member for a while now, and have wanted a furb for AGES, now i'm finally in a position to get one, and it is outside of my price range!!

I know they are popular and good cars etc etc, but surely they can't hold their value this well???

I can't see where you are so I don't know if they local to you, but the first page of cars on Autotrader National search is plently cheaper .....

Buy a used SKODA FABIA Car - Auto Trader UK

As far as I'm aware, only the 1.4TSI is definitely signed off. And that's from someone who knows someone who once worked with someone who might have worked at the Factory.:rotz:

Thanks for all the replies--

Contrary to what i posted at the beginning, i spoke to the bank and upped my loan to £7K....

Yesterday i got: 55 plate vrs, 34k miles, 2 owners,12 months MOT, oil change, new cambelt, 2 new tyres £6,800.

I'm happy i've got one, but on reflection, perhaps i paid slightly over the odds?

You can get many much better cars for £5.5k and TBH I think that anyone who thinks a MK I furby with 130k miles on it is worth that much has probably included all the smack they have in the car in the cost.

That's silly money for a furby of that age/mileage.

Ref the original post, I must admit when I recently got some p/ex values for my VRS from main dealers I was very, very surprised at £5k and even £6k (I realise cost to change is more relevant), they do seem to hold value well. I think the lack of a new Fabia VRS obviously helps, once that comes out maybe prices will start to dwindle.