Windscreen Condensation

Now that the cold nights have started, I'm getting thick condensation, sometimes forming drips inside the lower part of the windscreen. Suspecting a leak, I checked all the carpets, boot and felt behind the dash, but can't find any sign of dampness.

The condensation appears above the windscreen vents, could it be getting in throught them?

Has anyone else experienced this or has any ideas? :confused: :confused:

Now that the cold nights have started' date=' I'm getting thick condensation, sometimes forming drips inside the lower part of the windscreen. Suspecting a leak, I checked all the carpets, boot and felt behind the dash, but can't find any sign of dampness.

The condensation appears above the windscreen vents, could it be getting in throught them?

Has anyone else experienced this or has any ideas? :confused: :confused:[/quote']

Sounds like a leak. I would check the seals too as I found that recently that seems to have been my problem. Although it seemed try it was just leacking through a door seal slightly causing this.

It will sometimes do this especially if you park up with the aircon on. For the last few mins before you park turn off the aircon. Or when you first start the car up with the aircon on do it with the windows open for a few mins. In addition when was your pollen filter last changed, should be done at 40K miles but to be honest for

Put it in your garage at night.....(park the shalaxy outside)
:thumbup:

Park the shalaxy outside :eek: - that car is more comforted than anything else - remember it's a manijna car :cool: , used to hot weather - who knows what could happen to it if I let it get cold and wet. :( Good to see you again seatkid, you've been quiet for a bit - have you seen my entry about glowplugs on the other site - I thought you may have some thoughts.

Thanks also to Andy and flyingScot - thankfully I think it may be aircon related - last night I had the heater on and windows open for the last mile - it was drizabone this morning and the same tonight - I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks also for the filter tip and how to change it - it doesn't apply in this case as the car's only done 2.5K - I'll keep it for the future though.

• 3 months later...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;););):D:D :confused: :P :P :thumbup::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):o:mad:

Now that the cold nights have started' date=' I'm getting thick condensation, sometimes forming drips inside the lower part of the windscreen. Suspecting a leak, I checked all the carpets, boot and felt behind the dash, but can't find any sign of dampness.

Has anyone else experienced this or has any ideas? :confused: :confused:[/quote']

glad to here someone else is getting this I am taking my car back tomorrow to be looked at.I am a panel beater spraypainter and have never seen this in a new car before. If you get a torch and shine it at the bottom of your rear doors where the rubber seal is you may see water coming down the rubber I believe this is where the problem lies thanx james. ps you need to be in the car when doing this

• 2 years later...

:thumbup: Thanks for the heads up the chaps - I was wondering if it was just me. I've got the Fabia 1.9 TDI Elegance Estate and over this winter the windscreen was ringing wet some mornings. Other days, it was a dray as a bone. I'll certainly try the trick with the air con for the future.

I've just had it up to the garage under warranty for them to check it out and they found no issues. Apparently they have had an issue in the past with a damp filter, but it sems not in my case.

Jonathan