Sticker idea

plumsoul

How about a Briskoda sticker to cover up the garage name underneath the numberplates? No doubt most of us have a garage name that is now defunct - I have anyway, and would prefer to cover it up with a discreet Briskoda sticker.

i thought anything bought from briskoda site put a bit of dosh back into the site. seemed like a good idea to me. i don't like 'proper' stickers - they look a bit kevin and tracey to me-only my opinion though of course.

I acquired this one whilst away the other week. Someone cheekily applied it while I wasn't looking (she knows who she is :D). I was planning to remove it when I got home, but I've left it on - it seems to add to the character of the car :)

2171.attach

Under new law most places won't make up plates without their name and postcode being shown, you'll also need ID and V5 etc !!!

However, if you know the right people hten you can still have it done. Try your local friendly motor accessory shop if they have a vinly departament.

I use a dealer in Colchester that will make up any plates for me without silly postcode info etc.

Andy

i dont think the plates from fancyplates.com have any details other than the ones you specify on them.

could be wrong though.

that said, a small sticker would be a far cheaper way of erasing the dealer etc from the plate.

i got a set of plates made up by fancyplates..... being based over the Irish sea they don't have to comply with our daft number plate rules.

proceed with caution though, cos i got pulled for mine (ok they were a bit too fancy), but the copper took me to town on the finer points of the new plate laws, including font size and style (tut tut :rolleyes: ), the BS stamp (or lack of :rolleyes: ), the lack of dealer / shop postcode :rolleyes: , and the fact it had a border :eek: .

one defect notice and a producer later i was on me way........

i've still got them though for a few months time, when he'd have forgotten about it!! :rofl:

Gilly

I got plates made for the Audi without the postcode but he made sure the receipt said "for off road use only" to cover himself.

2766New_Plate-med.JPG

Not the clearest picture but gives you an idea - it's the URL of my Audi website.

Ten quid for the pair by the way - from the auto factors shop opposite my work.

The boss has "Eat my Dust" on the bottom of the plates of his Noble M12