150t 4x4

can some one tell me what do i need to do to make a 150t to the same spec as a 180t does the 180t have a bigger fuel pump or what and how come the 150t and the 180t have the same 0 to 60 time and same top speed.

many thanks peter

Hello, all you need is a remap which will prbably give you more than 180. Mines got a superchip but theres loads available. They aint got the same 0-60 time, vrs 180 is 7.9, 150t is 8.4 and the 150 4x4 is a little slower than that i think. But i could be wrong :D

i know there is no such thing as a 180 4x4 but thats what skoda uk said on there site that the 150 4x4 and the 180 rs have the same 0 to 60 and top end but who is going to tell skoda uk that they have got it wrong.:D

Hello, all you need is a remap which will prbably give you more than 180. Mines got a superchip but theres loads available. They aint got the same 0-60 time, vrs 180 is 7.9, 150t is 8.4 and the 150 4x4 is a little slower than that i think. But i could be wrong :D

1.8T 4x4 has a 0-60 of 8.8 from what i have read.

mines had a superchip done, induction kit and diverter valve all done at Awesome!

1.8T 4x4 has a 0-60 of 8.8 from what i have read.

mines had a superchip done, induction kit and diverter valve all done at Awesome!

Thanks Mellissa, its great when you first get the superchip done aint it :D. Mines had much the same done as yours but i also have a cat back powerflow exhaust. Please could you tell me what a diverter valve does? I aint got one of them :D

Thanks Mellissa, its great when you first get the superchip done aint it :D. Mines had much the same done as yours but i also have a cat back powerflow exhaust. Please could you tell me what a diverter valve does? I aint got one of them :D

i had a stainless steel exhaust put on but that was it, had to be custom made cos of the 4x4 system then said!

A dump valve just pushes the air into the atmosphere whereas the diverter valve diverts it back to the air intake therefore the engine doesnt have to waste power trying to suck air in. thats why people put induction kits on so the air flows more freely and exhaust so the engine doesnt have to force air out and the power is being used more effectively and not wasted on air intake and output

can some one tell me what do i need to do to make a 150t to the same spec as a 180t does the 180t have a bigger fuel pump or what and how come the 150t and the 180t have the same 0 to 60 time and same top speed.

many thanks peter

back to the original question.

does the 180bhp 1.8 turbo engine have anything physically different to the 150bhp 1.8 turbo engine?

in the form of either fuel pump, injectors etc?

or is it basically an ecu re-map?

back to the original question.

does the 180bhp 1.8 turbo engine have anything physically different to the 150bhp 1.8 turbo engine?

in the form of either fuel pump, injectors etc?

or is it basically an ecu re-map?

Hi Andrew

With regard to the 150 bhp and 180 bhp Octavia MK1 engines all hard parts are identical,so a good re-map,panel filter will see you making 185 bhp or more with extra mods,just make sure the car is tip top before undertaking any tuning work.

:)

Guest musky

Any remap ought to be giving about 200 out of a 4x4 without any other mods, just as it would on a Vrs, all parts are the same. Having said that its the rest of the car thats different. Brakes need changing to 312mm and it will roll a bit. My Revo map did in my clutch which was v.expensive but apparently I was unlucky/have heavy feet! It is a vast improvement over the standard car being a third increase in power.

Any remap ought to be giving about 200 out of a 4x4 without any other mods, just as it would on a Vrs, all parts are the same. Having said that its the rest of the car thats different. Brakes need changing to 312mm and it will roll a bit. My Revo map did in my clutch which was v.expensive but apparently I was unlucky/have heavy feet! It is a vast improvement over the standard car being a third increase in power.

Quote "My Revo map did in my clutch which was v.expensive":eek:

Car would need to be tip top before any mods are undertaken. :thumbup:

Guest musky
Quote "My Revo map did in my clutch which was v.expensive":eek:

Car would need to be tip top before any mods are undertaken. :thumbup:

Car had done 30k and was about 3 years old at the time with no hint of any clutch problem. I still have the original clutch and there is nothing wrong with it - it just slipped. Now done another 32k on diesel clutch (Valeo) with no problems. Just trying to warn of "possible" expense - £650 still:mad:

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, out of interest some of you mentioned panel filters, im thinking of putting one in my 1.8t 4x4 but wasnt sure which manufacturer (k&n, BMW etc) to put in. just wondering wot sort of results yas had got with the panel filters. i know they dont mate a huge difference but i alwasy found green filters made the nicest induction noise in my other cars!!!

Guest westallc

k&N are okay buddy you will get a bit more indution noise and about 1 bhp more but mainlt the throttle response will be better across the board.:thumbup:

best bang for buck is a remap and that wil. take you to above 200bhp:cool::D

i know there is no such thing as a 180 4x4 but thats what skoda uk said on there site that the 150 4x4 and the 180 rs have the same 0 to 60 and top end but who is going to tell skoda uk that they have got it wrong.:D
The Technical data booklet for the Octavia gives the following performance figures. (The 02/04 Octavia sales brochure quotes the same figures).

1.8-ltr/132KW vRS Hatch

Max speed - 235 km/h (146 mph)

0-100 km/h - 7.9 secs

1.8-ltr/110KW Hatch

Max speed - 219 km/h (136 mph)

0-100 km/h - 8.4 secs

1.8-ltr/110KW 4X4 Hatch

Max speed - 211 km/h (131 mph)

0-100 km/h - 9.1 secs

So the 4X4 is the slowest of the 1.8T-engined Octavias. It is also the heaviest, has higher ground clearance than the other 2 variants, has a higher drag coefficient and uses more fuel. Did I mention that it has a higher emissions figure too?

Edited by DGW

sounds like ur not a fan of the 4x4 then lol!!! i bought mine of a guy who had parked it for almost 3 years for £380 so ill take the poor stats lol! fuel economy is shocking ive found, ive an old 6cyl 3 series too and its only slighlty worse per gal!! the octy is very rolly in the corners tho, maybe one day i can get the funds scrapped together for an upgraded suspension kit for her. if im honest tho i think the estates a better looking car in the octavia range IMO. Love to get her remapped too, again thats in the to-do pile lol!!!

Edited by ctwr

sounds like ur not a fan of the 4x4 then lol!!!
Me? Quite the opposite! I've owned mine for over 7 years and love the car. With a decent remap - in my case a Jabba custom one - complemented by a 1.4 16V badge on the boot, the car can show a clean pair of heels when least expected. :)