Diesel VRS-Servicing costs!

Variable on my car is working out every 35K kms or 21k mls basic oil service is 180 euro and major which would be due at roughly 18K mls inc air and Fuel filter, pollen filter oil and systems check at roughly 300 euro hope this helps.

Do an Advanced Search for 'VRS servicing survey' in the 'Octavia II' area and this should help.

(I still haven't worked out how to include a link to another thread in a reply :confused:)

Looks like you just cut & paste the thread details in :thumbup:

http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/vrs-servicing-cost-survey/128924/

Edited by GriffoVRS
added thread link

Many thanks for the link. Seems pretty expensive! While I appreciate driving styles differ, as a very rough estimate, what kind of mileages are people getting prior to service (variable).

On variable, the maximum is roughly 18,000 miles or two years whichever comes first.

I am only doing about 10,000 miles a year, and the variable service indicator was showing that it would not need servicing until 18,000 miles.

Took mine off variable as i don't like the idea of it.

But i still use the long life oil as per instructions

Service every 8 - 10 K

By the way, anyone notice how much of a pain in the backside it is to remove the lid for the oil filter ...

nothing but cursing from me the last time !!