latest fw for rns 510/columbus 2660/2666/2662/2668/2664

DSA

From gateway rev P on it should work. I bought a rev Q gateway, Still awaiting delivery. But as soon as it arrives I will change the gateway and go back to 2660 (on the RNS).

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your MFD3 is now a 3T0 simbo because the 0904 firmware is a superb only firmware. Once you flash the 2664 firmware again your unit will still be a 3T0

You will find however it is still a 1Z0 in VCDS.

Don't try using 1104 or 1164 firmware though as it won't work.

Carl:thumbup:

I have enabled voice control on FW 2660, having spliced the mic wire and routing it through the RNS510.

I have created voice tags for the phone contacts and there is a little background hiss when I play them back. Is this normal...or is this interference...I have no idea. It is not overly loud...I am just thinking whether this plays a part in the system choosing the wrong contact or not.

Also, can you customise the No and Yes the system asks for to your own voice. The system has trouble understanding the word NO coming from me!

Thanks.

Shouldn't make any difference at all.

I went from 1024 to 0904 to 2664 and mine still reports as a 3T0 but in VCDS it shows as a 1Z0. Otherwise though all of it works perfectly :)

Have you tried fleabay for the Can gateway?

Don't forget about the 8 Step Plan ;)

Carl :thumbup:

It went from 1Z0 to 3T0 with the 2664 firmware before 904 had been anywhere near it... have piccies that show it did. Don't think it makes a difference - unless you know different? :confused:

EDIT:

Pic 1 (1004)

Pic 2 (2664)

Pic 3 (904)

...lost the A with the 904 fw - will that make any difference in future updates? What about when I go back to 2664 with a new CAN gateway (Pam permitting ;)) ?

AFAIK you can't train the system for your voice. Also you are probably having the problems with hissing due to the setup. A lot of people are trying to get the voice control working without Bluetooth and your probably better posting your questions on vwnavi.com.

Sorry can't be of more help

I have enabled voice control on FW 2660, having spliced the mic wire and routing it through the RNS510.

I have created voice tags for the phone contacts and there is a little background hiss when I play them back. Is this normal...or is this interference...I have no idea. It is not overly loud...I am just thinking whether this plays a part in the system choosing the wrong contact or not.

Also, can you customise the No and Yes the system asks for to your own voice. The system has trouble understanding the word NO coming from me!

Thanks.

Do a search for the eight step plan and see the thread Makefish did.

It's the answer for you ;)

Carl :thumbup:

Cool! Good to know, cheers! :)

Got an eBay email alert set up for when new ones get listed... there's a few on there atm but all too old.

8 Step Plan???? :confused:

AFAIK you can't train the system for your voice. Also you are probably having the problems with hissing due to the setup. A lot of people are trying to get the voice control working without Bluetooth and your probably better posting your questions on vwnavi.com.

Sorry can't be of more help

Hi Carl,

It's a shame you can't train the system. But with the voice tags on navigation working pretty well, it's a lot better than not having it! Assuming you have the voice tags setup, when you play back custom voice tags do you get a slight hiss sound in the background. Very slight though but noticeable with the volume on medium levels... I do have the D version bluetooth for your info'. Thanks.

Yeah, can go back to 2660 fw on the RNS. Installed my (not Q but) S rev gateway today.

Not exactly a straight swap, as the newer gateway has a longer code and the old one wasnt accepted.

But after a long time in VCDS coding, recoding, coding and recoding (in the mean time checking for faultcodes and deleting them) I got the new gateway to do what it is supposed to do ---> work without faultcodes.

The newer gateway came out of a wrecked Audi TTS (according to the parts vendor) and had to recover from ist shock first after it was connected to a Skoda. :rofl:

Tomorrow I will update to 2660 again and will see if the bugger will start on Sunday :rolleyes::D

Mine's going to Poland on Monday / Tuesday. He will attempt to fix it properly, and if he can't, he'll upgrade it to 2664 and I won't be able to upgrade it again without bricking it.

Sorry to hear that Wega! But I hope they will find a solution.

On the German RNS510 board there is also someone having a lot of troubles, is even changing his hdd. Didnt finish the job yet though.

Back on 2660 now. VCDS shows bus idle after a few seconds. Hope it really works. Played with the voice control again and I love it. It really understands a LOT of words.

Done it!!!! All looks good so far!!!

Had one Media error...re-inserted the same disc and it just carried on until it finished. I was a little concerned about some of the issues mentioned on this thread but they all seem to be with units that are older or have been retro-fitted from ebay.

Mine is a factory fitted Superb II MY10 with full Bluetooth phone support. All the Maxidot and MFSW controls work fine without editing anything...(no secret menu though I don't think)...only info lost were the MFD Phone presets...everything else was there.

One of the best additions is the ability to tell it to avoid the M25!!! Yipee!!! Happy days!

No extra voice commands and yet to see the current speed limit sign but saying that haven't moved the car yet. My compass is incorrectly set to North but I presume the car will need to change direction before it gets calibrated...common with GPS on mobile phones!

Thanks for all the info in the thread...maybe new maps next and finding out if I can get my park assist updated to the new version the buggers have put on the Yeti and Superb Estate...Grrrr!!! ;-)

Happy driving everybody!!! :-)

Legfitter

Done it!!!! All looks good so far!!!

Had one Media error...re-inserted the same disc and it just carried on until it finished. I was a little concerned about some of the issues mentioned on this thread but they all seem to be with units that are older or have been retro-fitted from ebay.

Mine is a factory fitted Superb II MY10 with full Bluetooth phone support. All the Maxidot and MFSW controls work fine without editing anything...(no secret menu though I don't think)...only info lost were the MFD Phone presets...everything else was there.

One of the best additions is the ability to tell it to avoid the M25!!! Yipee!!! Happy days!

No extra voice commands and yet to see the current speed limit sign but saying that haven't moved the car yet. My compass is incorrectly set to North but I presume the car will need to change direction before it gets calibrated...common with GPS on mobile phones!

Thanks for all the info in the thread...maybe new maps next and finding out if I can get my park assist updated to the new version the buggers have put on the Yeti and Superb Estate...Grrrr!!! ;-)

Happy driving everybody!!! :-)

Legfitter

HI legfitter,

Can you tell me if this upgrade is to get the voice control for the controls other than the phone? Also did you have to alter the microphone wiring as suggested on here.

What button is used for the voice control?

I have the same car on order, different colour, with a few options inc park assist. How does the park assist differ on the combi & yeti?

Sorry for all the questions, but can seem to find an answer anywhere, referred this to my dealer who is looking into it for me, but i don't hold out much hope!!

Thanks

Hi Such,

The Columbus in my Superb came with the voice commands for the phone and still has just the voice commands for the phone. Everything else is now working OK.

I am unsure myself if there really are the wide ranging selection of voice commands available? I am presuming that the factory fit Mic for the current selection of voice controls would be set correctly to do other ones.

Has anyone managed to get other ones to work or is it a myth??

PS: Who can tell me what 'Short Dialogue' and 'Long Dialogue' mean in the list of possible commands?? Doesn't seem to do anything???

Also, not 100% sure about the differences with the Park assist either...the new one I believe gets into tighter spaces by being able to go back/forward/back/forward instead of just back then straightening up?? See the info on Superb Combi on Skoda Auto website...not UK site.

thanks legfitter. Spoke with my dealer just now re voice control and he says that i should have all the latest software on my superb being built wk 42, but he wasn't sure about the voice control doing anything other than controlling the phone.

I suppose I will have to wait until i get it to find out:)

Anyway, he also told me that the time taken to build a new superb is ............3.5hrs, including road testing:eek:.. he has been to the factory and seen it himself.

So thats 3.5 hrs to build and 3-4 wks to get to dealer:)

Hope you are enjoying your car

Thanks

According to the german boards, the official version of the 266*fw will come in wk 45.

So the latest works fw will still be the fw before 266*.

My RNS voice control works with a mic from a Sony Ericsson handsfree set. Have no works handsfree set though.

Some users with the mfsw and the updated Columbus, leave the handsfree set on the star button and the button for the Columbus. So they dont have to ask for "telephone" and are always able to directly use the handsfree set with the star button on the wheel (this is what you will use most).

In the Superb II, the MFSW has two mini roller wheels that can be clicked to select things. The left one controls the volume and clicking selects 'Voice commands'. The right one is used to control the Maxidot.

The i button just plays the next Sat Nav command. When you select voice commands if you say Help you get a spoken list of available commands.

In the Superb II, the MFSW has two mini roller wheels that can be clicked to select things. The left one controls the volume and clicking selects 'Voice commands'. The right one is used to control the Maxidot.

The i button just plays the next Sat Nav command. When you select voice commands if you say Help you get a spoken list of available commands.

But these are the voice control functions of the hands free kit. It is not the voice control of the Columbus.

The update of the Columbus isnt official yet, so no Skoda will be delivered with the voice control for the Columbus itself.

Dont get the 2 different voice control functions mixed up.

But these are the voice control functions of the hands free kit. It is not the voice control of the Columbus.

The update of the Columbus isnt official yet, so no Skoda will be delivered with the voice control for the Columbus itself.

Dont get the 2 different voice control functions mixed up.

Thanks for that, I was getting the 2 mixed up. I need to ask my dealer about columbus voice control and see if they can activate this before delivery

Yepp, so is correct :thumbup:

But the problem will be the update itself. As written before, it might come officially from week 45 on. Now it still is a "beta" version (leaked out before official release).

They do say it will be something that you can ask the dealer for and than they will upgrade it (dont know about the cost though. Still need an extra mic or a special cable to connect the handsfree mic to the Columbus and back to the handsfree black box)