Bored with your vRS?

55VRS

T. Spark: Yea it was good at doing what it was designed for. Getting comfortably and economically around town. I did have a 1.1 fiesta as me first car and it was similar, although you could rag the fiesta more. I wasnt (believe it or not) trying to mock the 1.2, I was just comparing it to the vRS.

Buuuut... maybe I'm not talking about a standard vRS. I bought it about 5 months ago and assumed it was 'standard', and having nothing to compare it to, just figured it was a pretty quick car. However when I picked it up from the dealer today he said (in reference to fixing something under warranty) "well between you and me, off the record, it has been modified hasnt it?" so I said that no I hadn't done any power mods. He says that when the mechanic road tested it after doing some work, the mechanic said it was far quicker than a standard vRS, more torque and 'tighter' (whatver that means). So.. uh.. maybe the previous owner remapped it??

Buuuut... maybe I'm not talking about a standard vRS. I bought it about 5 months ago and assumed it was 'standard', and having nothing to compare it to, just figured it was a pretty quick car. However when I picked it up from the dealer today he said (in reference to fixing something under warranty) "well between you and me, off the record, it has been modified hasnt it?" so I said that no I hadn't done any power mods. He says that when the mechanic road tested it after doing some work, the mechanic said it was far quicker than a standard vRS, more torque and 'tighter' (whatver that means). So.. uh.. maybe the previous owner remapped it??

The only way whould either be to contact the previous owner or put it on a Rolling Road and see if it has 160 BHP or more.

Yea handling is an issue. Must get a RARB on there asap. All these people saying it 'transforms' the handling cant be wrong.. can they? :)

I reckon my fiesta handled better than the vRS!

Yea handling is an issue. Must get a RARB on there asap. All these people saying it 'transforms' the handling cant be wrong.. can they? :)

I reckon my fiesta handled better than the vRS!

it does but it still won't handle,i had kw coilovers,jabba rarb,rear strut brace,front strut brace and a peloquin atb diff on mine and the swift would still have made it look silly on the corners it handled better,but still not great

I know you wasnt slating it per say, tbh your wright up was light hearted and I do agree (esp jumping not only from the 1.2 you had/have) but to my TDi running the below figures! A few others on this thread seem to forget most people have 1.2's are alike and they arent BAD, just err different!

I....... The VRS seems like a Ferarri on the way home :cool:

All true but there again it's all relative isn't it. Love my VRS to bitz but getting back into it after doing a few laps in a Ferrari...........! Sound track just wasn't quite the same.