Bored with your vRS?

55VRS

If you are starting to get bored with your vRS, I suggest you book it into a Skarage for some work, and request a 1.2htp Fabia as a courtesy car...

..oh my word. It just doesn't move. The pedal moves sure enough, but the car doesn't seem to. I think it took me about 12 minutes to get to 70 on the A41. Ok, a slight exageration, but close!

I had a ibiza 1.2 as a courtsy car when they were sorting out my air con system. My god I can't beleive how slow it was. I was shocked.

2 days later and I was soooo happy to get my vRS back :D

Anyone claiming that the Fabia vRS brakes are crap as standard needs to do the same. It's quite an experience having a car where it feels like yours until you try to go round a corner, accelerate, or stop.

I have to say though, for what it was I was impressed with the 1.2 HTP I drove.

Get bored of a VRS, wash your mouth out with old engine oil :D Picked up a mate from the airport a few days back. "Oh a new car, what's it like?" Floor it in second, "Oh my God, this is quick" :thumbup:

For the record, I'm not bored with mine, but I have heard others (see above :D ) say they are.

It's had to say in the garage a day longer, so ANOTHER drive of slow death to work tomorrow! I also nearly killed myself overtaking a truck tonight on a short stretch that I usually use to clear some traffic. eek!

Had a 1.2 3-cylinder a few times, never found a problem with them. You need to work them more than a turbo diesel with all their low-down torque, however....

Just learning to drive it properly, innit? :D

"never found a problem with them" besides the fact that they have the power of a asthmatic weasel with a bad smoking habit!

Granted, given a long enough run up, a sympathetic prevailing wind, and a negative gradient, I think the 1.2 could overtake most trucks on most abandoned runways.

However...

- The car is comfortable.

- The radio is good.

- I like the little blue thermometer light even though I haven't a clue what it indicates.

- The rear-view mirrors are huge enough to use while towing a caravan (albeit a static caravan because you'd never get it to move).

- I can no longer be called homophobic because I'm driving around in a car with a 'nice' white roof.

There. Have I offended anyone? no? Jolly good!

I once had a 1.2 Fabia Courtesy car once. It was very nippy around town with a light gearbox. I loved the sound of the engine especially at high revs, it sounded like a V6. However out of town it just made a noise and didn't go far. I found on a motorway I was always going for 6th gear as I am used to 2,000 rpm as 70 mph not 3,500.

I suppose if you have a standard vRS and bored then get it re-mapped.

I've had a 1.2 Polo's a few times. It seemed like the gear ratios had changed the last time. 3rd just went on and on. Everything got louder but I didn't seem to be picking up any speed.

Getting back into my car after driving something else is bliss. The next half hour is like having it from new all over again.

"never found a problem with them" besides the fact that they have the power of a asthmatic weasel with a bad smoking habit!

Granted, given a long enough run up, a sympathetic prevailing wind, and a negative gradient, I think the 1.2 could overtake most trucks on most abandoned runways.

However...

- The car is comfortable.

- The radio is good.

- I like the little blue thermometer light even though I haven't a clue what it indicates.

- The rear-view mirrors are huge enough to use while towing a caravan (albeit a static caravan because you'd never get it to move).

- I can no longer be called homophobic because I'm driving around in a car with a 'nice' white roof.

There. Have I offended anyone? no? Jolly good!

that blue light is instead of a temp gauge it stays blue till the engine warms up, think it was on some 2003 polos

This thread makes me laugh. I have the MKII Fabia 1.2 which I use daily, and honestly guys, its not worst than another other low powered car? Infact I find its actually better than most due to the 8v torque at lower rpm's.

I dunno maybe im getting old, but did you guys never own small engined cars or something?

Yes they are slower than any gear in a vRS, but as said above if driven correctly I have no problems moving with traffic and still getting silly good mpg from it!

If you are starting to get bored with your vRS, I suggest you book it into a Skarage for some work, and request a 1.2htp Fabia as a courtesy car...

..oh my word. It just doesn't move. The pedal moves sure enough, but the car doesn't seem to. I think it took me about 12 minutes to get to 70 on the A41. Ok, a slight exageration, but close!

I find the same after spending a day driving the old works van. It's over 20 years old and diesel, does 0-60 in about 30 seconds. The VRS seems like a Ferarri on the way home :cool:

I had a Kia Rio 1.5 Tdi courtesy car, and when I got the Fabia back it didn't feel much quicker! Those little Korean things can shift!!!

Also had a 1.4 16v petrol one once, slowish but it revved to 7!!!!!!!!!!!