Sept 1st 2p fuel duty increase

'daiking'

i dont see why people have to pay so much tax. im only young so can someone explain please:) but i pay about 500 quid a month in the stuff. for what exactly? i havent broken any bones, i dont get given a present by the government every year. i pay tax on my car. i pay tax on fuel. i pay tax to do everything. so where is my wage actualy going?

im guessing most of it just gets lost in the system or spent on britney seven kids on the local estate

The government should reduce the spending on spongers, then it wouldn't need all the tax.

Simples :)

DON'T get me on my soapbox regarding that, or you'll have me on here ranting all day/week/month. :hbomb:

Top of my bladder bursting subjects.:mad:

im guessing most of it just gets lost in the system or spent on britney seven kids on the local estate

Aggggghhhhh, :mad: I told you not to mention it again. ;)

Temperature rapidly rising.

Got exactly 'one of those' living opposite me. Constantly breeding and only about 19 yrs. old.

I'm losing count.

DON'T get me on my soapbox regarding that, or you'll have me on here ranting all day/week/month. :hbomb:

Top of my bladder bursting subjects.:mad:

Believe me, I will join you up there! :rofl:

i dont see why people have to pay so much tax. im only young so can someone explain please:) but i pay about 500 quid a month in the stuff. for what exactly? i havent broken any bones, i dont get given a present by the government every year. i pay tax on my car. i pay tax on fuel. i pay tax to do everything. so where is my wage actualy going?

Well, "tax" (I'll take that to mean all tax, even national insurance, for the purposes of this post) pays for everything the government (and in my case, that waste-of-time-talking-shop, the Welsh Assembly) needs to spend money on. When you see all those expensive helicopters over in Afghanistan (I'm being ironic here, of course), what do you think pays for all that? ANSWER: your tax!

And you have to pay benefits so that "Britney seven kids" can afford a big plasma telly and fags and booze.

There are many, many people employed by government (too many in my opinion), they don't work for free you know :)

My wages and LGPS pension

Yippeeeeeee.

I'm rather hoping the VAT increase from 15% to 17.5% doesn't have any impact since they increased duty to avoid any reduction in the tax take on fuel when dropping VAT. I bet they sneak it through though

Although I do note - theiving basdads

Alcohol, Tobacco and Petrol/Diesel

While the VAT reduction does apply to Alcohol, Tobacco and Petrol/Diesel, the government has been underhanded about these items. They have raised the duty on these items by 2.5% - effectively keeping the cost the same on these items as they are current. Additionally, when the VAT rate returns to normal at the end of 2009, the duty increase on these items will remain, essentially causing a 2.5% raise in the prices of these items.

FFS - that is theft

I have noticed over the past few weeks its been creeping back up after it dropped for a while !

Robbing ******* government !

We will be taxed for ****ing breathing next

:thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad: :thumbdwn: :mad:

Weare already, just we don't know about it yet..... oooppp's I let it out.... lmao

I'm rather hoping the VAT increase from 15% to 17.5% doesn't have any impact since they increased duty to avoid any reduction in the tax take on fuel when dropping VAT. I bet they sneak it through though

I'm glad you posted that - when i heard the news last night they mentioned it going up again when the vat increased and I thought the duty had gone up at the time - thought I was having memory issues.

Won't be surprised if they "forget" to reduce the duty though....

fuel duty info Fuel Tax - PetrolPrices.com i think what is really needed is a fairer tax, how bout price of fuel per litre plus double vat which will make hell of a lot cheaper than it is now and the government will still get more than they should in tax?

Even better, make them all take a pay cut, cut back their spending in parliment and give us back the money.