best oil for vrs mk1

hi just wondering what is the recomended oil to top my vrs up with as its quite low and cant afford a service yet.i was looking at volkswagon dealers and they had some synta 5 30 for 13 pound a litre was just gonna buy this till i can afford a service will this be ok cheers guys cars year is 51

hi just wondering what is the recomended oil to top my vrs up with as its quite low and cant afford a service yet.i was looking at volkswagon dealers and they had some synta 5 30 for 13 pound a litre was just gonna buy this till i can afford a service will this be ok cheers guys cars year is 51

You need part synthetic 10/40

I personally use Halfords own (silver bottle) as i change the oil and filter myself every 6 months

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
i was looking at volkswagon dealers and they had some synta 5 30 for 13 pound a litre
I think they are probably trying to charge you the per litre price they charge in workshop!

If you want 5 Litres of the 5w30 Longlife go to any VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda dealer and just order part number ZGB115QLB00501, and they should charge you £36+Vat (total £41.10)

If you arent near a dealer you can order exactly the same thing from Quantum Oil Range - Synta, Longlife, Platinum they charge £28.95 + £4.95 for delivery +Vat (total £38.99)