Octavia with 60k miles ?

Justa

Hi

I'm looking at swapping my Ibiza FR for something bigger - want to stay diesel though

I've seen an Octavia 2.0 tdi 140 06 plate with 60k on the clock - never bought a car with that many miles before...

Is it a total no no or am I being over cautious ?

cheers

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the miles so long as its got a full history, has it had a timing belt done yet ? Can't remember the mileage it needs doing at, but mine was done at 4yrs/60K miles.

The only thing I'd watch out for is the dreaded ABS unit failure. This is quite common on Octavia's once they reach the 3yr old mark.

Mine is a 2.0TDI, 54 plate and bought it with 63K on the clock three months ago, its now well on its way to 69K and its all been problem free so far, well apart from the ABS unit failure :-(

The way I looked at buying one was, nearly every taxi near me is an octavia, so they must be built well enough for the mileage... Have heard that the 1.9 is a more reliable enigne that the 2.0 mind you...

Mines now 4 years old (early 55 reg) with 85K miles on the clock and has no issues. TBH 60K miles on the 2.0TDi is a drop in the ocean and the car is barely run in. I have owned the car for 75K of those miles and only replaced a £5 sensor, everything else is original.

Mine was on 126K miles when I got it... chuffed to bits with it but TF for the 3 month warranty! :)

I presume yours wasn't remapped though?

I was shocked when Ben said it had already been remapped at "The Snipe" meeting, had to find out what it was pushing before i had it removed.

Mine's eaten turbo's and i cant seem to get anymore than 400miles to a tank round town (It was 360miles a tank before the turbo snapped at xmas:rofl:)

All im trying to say is that, if you can afford something with around 60k or less. Then do it.

Maybe im being a little OTT about my car, as it was a 54 plate meaning it was one of the first Mk2 Octy's. So I can agree there maybe some teething problems along the way.

My March 07 Vrs TDI is now on 59K and runs as sweet today as it did when it left the factory. Having said that mine has led a pampered life. Will be very sorry when it goes back next week. Keep you eye out for EK07AHX at an auction probably in the north of England in the coming few weeks.

thanks for the replies

I'm not sure - so I think that means leave it - its at a Skoda dealer so there is (a bit) of peace of mind there but I'm not sure...

Don't be a wuss;)

Mine's done 138,000 miles in 3 years without a problem. I'm only changing it because the boss says it's getting too old.

Ok, the aircon's just stopped working. But then I haven't had it re-gassed since new.

Just bought a 54 1.9tdi with 57k on the clock, with a year's MOT and a new cambelt. Concerned at 60k? Dont be, its average mileage for the average car and these diesels are not average - they are capable of monstermiles. If you are buying from a dealer then you will probably get, as I did with my last Octavia, a one year Skoda guarantee. Thes e are well worth having in my opinion and I would happily pay, say, £300 above the market price for comfort that this would give. Just check on autotrader that the price is sensible and I really would not worry in the least about that mileage, it really is very modest so be guided by condition, service history, no. of owners etc.

Good luck! Velocette