Halfords Extreme Brilliance Bulbs

VRSbilly

Just fitted me new Lidl bulbs.

Seem brighter, but will be a better test 6am tommorow!

They're branded as "Tesla" apparently a company owned by Osram (i know, doesn't mean the technology is the same!:rofl:) but for £3.99 seem a bargain...

also Tesla is a Czech brand - fitting for a Skoda:D

On a side note, when fitting drivers side, there was a metal loop type thing behind the headlamp (rear) cover which prevented said cover being removed completely. Managed to squeeze me fingers in though. Any ideas what it could be?

ta

PL

HIDS for the blinding of everyone else!

:+1:

I put the extreme brilliance bulbs in my fabia last year when one of the blue ones (fitted by previous owner) went pop at winter time and they seem to be spot on and havent blown yet nearly a year on :thumbup:

There a bit pricey at £19.99 a bulb IIRC ? but I got mine on the 2 for 1 deal so it was all good :D

I can see it now.

I called into Lidl on the way home from work and bought a pair of the 50% brighter bulbs for £3.99. I'll give these a go. I have Ring 80W in at the moment and look similar to HIDs.

I've had these in my A-Class Merc for 2 years without a problem.

To be fair, you can fit HIDS and get them right. If you do this they will kick the pants of all "uprated" bulbs for performance and longevity.

The definition of "getting them right" is something for another thread....:rofl: