Whats a 1.4GT TSi golf like?

Blanes

The only review I know of was by Honest John of The Telegraph (except it was on Radio 4?!?), and it's funny you should mention the 'bag of spanners' bit, as he thought it every bit as unrefined as the diesel, but without the fuel economy. Was a pre-production example, though AIUI...

Not a bag of spanners and it is quick but not quite quick enough for me. With a map it is quicker but struggles for grip and you can tell it's a small engine producing all that power as it screams a bit.

not as quick as a 1.9 deisel fiat .... ;) *sharky runs for cover :D

Hehe. Done that before! Bloody automatics :P :rolleyes:

Doesn't half give you a fright though!

Seen a few videos on youtube of these engines and they seem pretty impressive... and also been behind one with an elderly gent driving and the acceleration was pretty stunning :thumbup:

I've test driven a manual and DSG 1.4 TSI albeit both in Octavia guise and loved both of 'em although mated to the 7 speed DSG it's nigh on faultless.

Tremendous VAG powerplant and I'm not surprised there is a long waiting list for it, it's not only better than the equivalent diesel it's also considerably cheaper too! :thumbup:

And never try to De-Clutch a DSG! :rotz:

Brakes work.................................:thumbup:

Really well!:eek:

I'm a tool!! :P

Sorry Stuart!

Dad did that with his new 308 Sw on test drive, complete with my Mum and teh Car Salesman in the car with him at the same time! :rofl::D