should i change all 4 tyres ?

i need a new pair for the rear ( the original bridgestones are about shot ) i put a pair of avon zv5's on the front around 1500 miles ago and i dont like them, would it be ok to put the avon's on the back and a pair of falken fk 452's on the front or should i have 4 tyres all the same brand.

anyone know if the 452's are any good ?

thanks

mark

I bought some Avon ZZ3's for the front about a year ago. Had problems recently with the car pulling to the left, had 4 wheel geometry checked and it's all fine. Tyre centre suggested putting the Avons on the back and now I have Continentals on the front (about half worn) which has made things much better. Providing the same tread pattern is on both sides of the axle I think it's OK (sure someone will correct if I'm wrong). To be honest I'm hoping for a big puncture at the rear when the fronts need replacing so I have an excuse to change all 4 as well!

Cheers,

Balham

You should change opposing corners really, but as long as you are replacing the same size you will have no problem, what size are you after?

I have just brought a set of 4 FK 452's, should be on later today, they look good and I have had Falkens before with no problems.:thumbup:

Lee.

the falkens are great tyres , especially for the money , i would have four matching tyres just because of the different characteristics.

on my last car i had bridgestones on the front and the falkens on the back and it behaved terribly.

also im sure in the manual it says you should have 4 tyres matching , the esp calculates a load of measurments on all 4 tyres , double check the manual .

You should change opposing corners really, but as long as you are replacing the same size you will have no problem, what size are you after?

I have just brought a set of 4 FK 452's, should be on later today, they look good and I have had Falkens before with no problems.:thumbup:

Lee.

Boots all done, first impressions are good, especially for £308 for 4 fitted. I have changed to the recommended 225/40 R18 from what was on there when I brought it (225/45 R18) long story - in another thread - no difference in comfort and the handling seems as good as the Kumho KU31's and Bridgestone Potenza I was originally running!

Only problem now, it looks like an off-roader......arhhhhhh!

Boots all done, first impressions are good, especially for £308 for 4 fitted. I have changed to the recommended 225/40 R18 from what was on there when I brought it (225/45 R18) long story - in another thread - no difference in comfort and the handling seems as good as the Kumho KU31's and Bridgestone Potenza I was originally running!

Only problem now, it looks like an off-roader......arhhhhhh![/QUOTE]

Why does it look like an off-roader??? :confused:

Because I can get my arm between the top of the tyre and the arch, it will probably settle a little, but I have been so used to seeing it with 45 profile tyres.......now it looks pants!

The 45 profile tyres are way to big for the octy2 on 18s, at least you now have the correct size tyres and speedo reading. Now all you need is to lower the car, to sort the gap out.

I have run 2 different types of tyres at the same time, no problems just as already mentioned be aware that each brand will have its own handling characteristic which is more important in the wet.