Milotec Power Lift

Has anyone fitted one of these head protectors?

Skoda Octavia II - power lift for hood MILOTEC : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

I'm interested in this little gadget as my Golf has got one of these fitted and I think it's a good idea so that you can work in the engine bay without worry.

I've had a look for them in the UK and they want nearly £100 for it!

:orb_no:

If I use the current £-€ exchange rate of £1,08 to € it still only works out at £65 + delivery & I can't see delivery being £35.

What was the response Indiana? I'm looking at fitting these too............

Vim offered to give me one for £55 inc delivery. (Power Lift that is....)

So if you want it contact him.

I'm still searching for a toolkit & jack to put with my spare wheel, which I consider that to be more important at the moment, I've found one on Ebay, but I've noticed a tow eye missing, so am looking for a new one, but can't get any prices for it from anyone. :(

I would be interested in getting one as part of a group buy, as I know buying by volume is cheaper.

From my recollection of the details of this (when I considered this at the time of the previous Group Buy 18 months ago) it restricts the height/angle that the bonnet opens, compared to the normal OE bonnet stay.

I felt this was not a good idea as I reckoned I would be forever hitting my head on the bonnet!

I felt this was not a good idea as I reckoned I would be forever hitting my head on the bonnet!

I'm 6'2" with no real issue ;), although I don't do much maint. work under the bonnet:O.

My initial issues were more the way it closed and the modification. Now that it is sorted it's a great piece of kit.