Leather....smells like sucess....

Decron

Decron that looks really good. I bought a black set from the same source for my Roomster. Not fitted yet due to lack of time and concerns re disconnection of seat sensors although the rear set looks easy enough to do.

On the subject of airbag sensors and recoding I consulted my local Skoda dealer and they seemed familiar with that procedure as that process is done quite frequently in their bodyshop - but only if the ignition is turned on after the seats have been disconnected. They advised that no recoding is necessary if the connectors are unplugged with the ignition off, and the ignition is not turned on again until after the seats are replaced and the plugs reconnected. So best remove the key from the car entirely until the job is finished. Obviously the car is immobile for that period and the possibly not lockable. Do you agree their advice? Apologies if my ignorance on this subject seems dumb.

You dont really have to remove the seats. I did it without disconnecting the seats (allthough I have VCDS to remove the fault codes), just unscrewed the seats and lent them back.

Took me about 1.5 hrs to complete one front seat. Not hurrying, without breaking things and positioning the covers tightly. Also altered the lumbar support.

Nah, if you dont turn the ignition on then you shouldn't get the sensor issue come up, they guy who fitted mine made a few mistakes.... (Like forgetting to plug in half of the door controls...)

• 2 weeks later...

Took out the 4 screws that hold the seatrails, tilted the seat back and removed all the screws that hold the plastic surround.

This was enough to pull the plastic parts far enough away from the seat frame where the seat cover has to be inserted.

Did it all with the seats still in the car and connected.

Still have to do it another time though, bought my wife some bum warmers and have to install them :(

Took out the 4 screws that hold the seatrails, tilted the seat back and removed all the screws that hold the plastic surround.

This was enough to pull the plastic parts far enough away from the seat frame where the seat cover has to be inserted.

Did it all with the seats still in the car and connected.

Still have to do it another time though, bought my wife some bum warmers and have to install them :(

Thanks alot that was really helpful. :thumbup: