Switched Ign feed for Nokia Handsfree Kit

You need to head to the Fuse box mate, I can't remember which fuse it is now, but if you do a search in the Octy2 section you will find it.

The HU is controlled by the CANBUS and the Cig lighter is a permy live iirc.

I took a feed from the fuse box for my Talex system and Parrot on my old 06 vRS

if the nokia kit is a CK7W, then simply disconnect the switched feed from the current perm live connection. The CK7W only uses this to switch on/off with the key, as it currently has 12V all the time it will be always on.

With this wire disconnected, control is handed over to the little black box, eg. Press the Nokia button and the kit will turn on, and your bluetooth phone will pair with the kit, or insert the hanset in the cradle and it will turn on itself. The kit will now turn itself off after about 2 mins of either A) removal of the phone from the cradle, or B) the bluetooth handset disconnecting from the kit.

I have mine wired like this (no switched supply) and it works just like I posted in the above paragraph. I installed it myself about 2 years ago, and no battery woes or anything in that time.

Surely this would cause TPM issues?

None whatsoever, all seems well.

To be honest, I dont really rate the TPM that much anyway, im sure I would notice a tyre that was down a few PSI by the way the car drives rather than rely on sensors which are prone to failing.

TPM is really only useful on run-flat tyres. They have much (much) stiffer sidewalls so it is much harder to tell if you have a flat (until you carry on at 90 and suffer a total tyre loss).

On normal tyres, you will notice only a short time after the TPM notices.

TPM is really only an assistance. It's triggers is a certain drop within a set period of time. Not sure the time, but I know the drop is 3PSI.

I suspect it's during a journey, rather than over weeks. It's therefore, not to be used to tell you when to check tyre pressures - which SWMBO and many others think it is.

TPM is really only useful on run-flat tyres. They have much (much) stiffer sidewalls so it is much harder to tell if you have a flat (until you carry on at 90 and suffer a total tyre loss).

On normal tyres, you will notice only a short time after the TPM notices.

Again i think that depends, but there are plenty of people who drive on regardless and don't notice very under-inflated tyres. With normal tyres it will warn when they get sufficiently low that there is a risk of them coming off the rims due to lack of pressure. Thus this allows the driver to pull into a garage and put them all up.