Whats all this oil?

pip_vrs

Well opened the bonnet to start the cleaning progress and removed the engine cover to find this mess. I'm presuming it's something to do with the EGR valve as it's got a small hole which looks like it could be coming from there. but surely thats not normal? :?

Put my mind at ease and tell me it's the EGR and i need to clean/remove it :lol:

DSC03420.jpg

DSC03421.jpg

DSC03422.jpg

Cheers guys

cars still under warrenty so might just take it to Skoda and see what they say. I planned on having EGR removed soon so if it's definatly that could be a good excuse tbh

Yeah thats the plan :thumbup: i'm guessing i shouldn't be worried then :o

if your gonna have it removed, and you have a warranty, get it replaced under the warranty then if you wanna put one back on at any point you will have a brand new one

If you plan to remove the EGR, you will also need to have a remap which maps out the EGR valve otherwise be prepared to drive around with the check engine light on all the time which will hide any real problems if they occur.

If you plan to remove the EGR, you will also need to have a remap which maps out the EGR valve otherwise be prepared to drive around with the check engine light on all the time which will hide any real problems if they occur.

yeah thats the only problem with it, might only cost ££ for a bypass but another £££ on a remap. :thumbdwn:

no ones screamed dont drive it, so i'm still presuming its ok :eek::rofl: