TDi Remaps & emissions

TheOne

I picked up my '05 1.9TDi on Tuesday and i'm absolutely loving it. But as per usual, i've read you all on here a remap seems in order! I've looked at either Performance Torque and Jabba Sports as my best options.

But, will it effect my emissions at all? As I don't want problems in the future with MOTs.

Any advice as well as my the answer to my question is appreciated:thumbup:

Thanks

Diesel's are checked for smoke emissions as part of the MoT. I had my wife's Fabia Mk2 1.9TDI re-mapped by R-Tech in Hinckley, Leicestershire, who have a pretty good reputation and don't go crazy to extract the last few bhp. The car is much too young for an MoT, but we have not noticed any additional smoke emission (or any smoke at all in fact). The general improvement in performance and driveability is excellent.

Had my mk1 Fabia VRS reampped last week by t-torque in Wolverhampton,170bhp,295lbs torque dont notice any extra smoke though.To be honest if its remapped you dont really need to floor it you kinda sail along so the smoking wont happen.

Had my mk1 Fabia VRS reampped last week by t-torque in Wolverhampton,170bhp,295lbs torque dont notice any extra smoke though.To be honest if its remapped you dont really need to floor it you kinda sail along so the smoking wont happen.

Is that P-Torque (will) in Wombourne you mean? If so he re-mapped my Octavia tdi 110 a couple of years back and it went through 2 mots and never smoked excessivly.

Yep t-torque in Womborne really good map,not kicking out silly figures so should prolong life of clutch.If you consider remap just have a look on here theres a lot of thread about what parts should be changed.From what ive been told dont full throttle under 2k revs and just drive it with a bit of sympathy towards the car unless your happy to pay for an upgraded clutch.Like i say had the remap last week look at the figures i posted further up wouldnt want anymore torque than that to be honest.