Woman Charged for driving through a puddle

P13SST

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would of been even funnier if the water had been sucked into her engine & it conked out then the people at the bus stop caught up with them............ :-)

That exact thing happened to a mate of mine down the old Kent road years ago, through a puddle, splashed this 'geezer' swaggering down the road and then.............. put put put put.....cough........:rofl:

I thought it was funny too but if someone did it to me they had better hope I dont catch them. also filmin it and postin on net is jus stupid.

deserves to get done. also it wasnt jus a small puddle and she could of spun out and hit something?

and the speed was just stupid.

ALSO ITS ILLEGAL to drive thru a puddle and wet a padestrian

was still funny tho

Edited by claytarget_god

Totally justified in prosecuting her as the driver.

Should also prosecute him for aiding and abetting so he gets points on his licence (assuming he has one). That might wipe the smug grin off his face.

I'd jail her, stupid cow. And her f**kwit boyfriend. How easy would it have been for the car to lose control and plough into the kids? :mad:

I remember being in the back of a work van when I was a signwriter and the dumbass driving it decided to accelerate to hit a jogger with a puddle, but failed to notice the car in front had stopped to turn right…

… I went to hospital for concussion, the ladies in the car claimed for whiplash and loss of earnings, and our driver got sacked and sued. At least no one died :rotz:

Irresponsible.

I like going through puddles for the splash but I wouldn't splash someone, i have had splashes on me nothing major but its not nice!

On another note the article is right in saying the vehicle could have lost control.

Can't believe the level of Pc in this thread. I guess I am just twisted.

I live near there. It's an accident blackspot I believe, with several kids being killed or badly injured over the years.

She was going way too fast; that's the problem.

yup and there was no hint of slowing as mosdt ppl would on aproach to that size of puddle lol, reminds me of an advert on the TV in the 80 iirc with the lad in the Nova lol

fair enough if she slowed and still got them thenits funny but at that speed if someone was lookin at the car the jet of water could of blinded someone water is hard when it hits you fast.

still laughed tho.

Splashing someone because the puddle is across the road or you can't move across is unavoidable ( and quite funny, the pedestrian should look before wandering past a puddle and make sure nothing is coming )

However this was premeditated, the commentator was talking about doing it from 500yds away,and filming it. It involved a group that couldn't avoid cars passing and she had plenty of time and space to slow down and/ or avoid the puddle . Probably just did it to post on 'tweb. imo she should get the full £2,500 fine and think herself lucky she didn't have an accident.

I think they should fine the people who get splashed for being so stupid and standing by a big puddle. That clip would've been even better if the passenger shouted "BUS W*****S!" as the soaking was administered. :rofl:

A fellow Inbetweeners fan. :rofl: "You 5hit yourself didn't ya?"

reminds me of an advert on the TV in the 80 iirc with the lad in the Nova lol.

That was Woodpecker cider IIRC? Foul pustulent brew that it was :sour:

Still, the humour doesn't detract from the fact that the driver and her knob'ed fella need a good hiding :mad:

Under what law is that a specific offense? I'm just asking!

It's not a specific named offence afaik, but it typically comes under "Inconsiderate driving", along with things like tailgating, lane hogging, etc. It's a very grey area as you can imagine, especially with the potential to award 3-9 points and/or up to £2500 fine.

I'd imagine a more serious infraction may be promoted to "careless driving".

Chris

I live near there. It's an accident blackspot I believe, with several kids being killed or badly injured over the years.

She was going way too fast; that's the problem.

The problems with 'kids' is they think they can walk across a road with the ipod playing texting and with out looking.

Plus the bus that picked them up would have slashed them anyway :rolleyes:

yea and I know you can fail your test for doing it,

not me but the other lad I was on course with

They fail you for not feeding the wheel... IMO it should be on the test because you are going to go through a puddle at speed at some point in your life