LED Mirror Puddle Lights?

Akshay

Blimey, that is expensive! Are we talking about just the LED module that is made up of a row of 6 small LED's? If so then it seems quite an unreliable part as I've read quite a few of you have had these replaced under warranty! :rotz:

Probably a rip off price. I fixed mine yesterday and found the problem was just a broken wire. The LED's should last 10000hrs + so it is likely to be a similar problem- the cable routing was not too clever and chafed on a bit of plastic. Main problem was getting the casing apart. There are two screws underneath which were well rusted and had to drill the heads off. Good luck and try not to damage the paintwork...

i have the 03 comfort superb that has the blue led, i am assumming you are referring to it. if you have the built in indicator, thats different

Think your talking about the incorrect part here..............:confused:

The LED puddle lamp is under the wing mirror and I have replaced one of mine last year, cost me around £25 from the dealers and was simple to fit..........:thumbup:

Mine failoed due to water ingress into the LED assembly........:(

Ok thanks for the replies. Can someone tell me what year Superb these puddle lights were fitted to and if you have a part number? Are they not white LED's? I would have expected them to be white. :confused:

Also a part number would be a huge help. :thumbup:

Ok thanks for the replies. Can someone tell me what year Superb these puddle lights were fitted to and if you have a part number? Are they not white LED's? I would have expected them to be white. :confused:

Speak to the dealer reference the part number as I doubt you will be able to source them anywhere else anyway and the LED colour is white........:thumbup:

Am i bad! they are white, my paint work is blue and the reflection gives a blue effect. I need to change mine and will give my local dealer a buzz tomorrow. If baker says its easy to change then i believe him. From what i read up it is a little tricky.

If baker says its easy to change then i believe him. From what i read up it is a little tricky.

Yep remove the two screws under the wing mirror, pop the casing up and then all is revealed, the wiring is glued in place so unclip the connector and pull out the wiring, then you can remove the housing that the LED comes with and replace all this assembly.......:thumbup:

Well it seems alot of you suffer from failed LED's so I wonder if it's worth me buying these from Skoda?

Has anyone got a part number please because they dealer won't give me a price or look it up without a chassis number. Failing that is anyone willing to PM me their chassis number to help me out please? :(

Well it seems alot of you suffer from failed LED's so I wonder if it's worth me buying these from Skoda?

Has anyone got a part number please because they dealer won't give me a price or look it up without a chassis number. Failing that is anyone willing to PM me their chassis number to help me out please? :(

These fail as will other LED products after a time if they have not been designed well or unfortunately get subject to water, I believe most fail due to the later.........

As far as I am aware you won't be able to source this part from anywhere other than the dealer but I am happy to be proved wrong?

I don't understand why you just don't get your chassis number and give it to the dealer to get a price and part number of this part? Or am I missing something?

These fail as will other LED products after a time if they have not been designed well or unfortunately get subject to water, I believe most fail due to the later.........

As far as I am aware you won't be able to source this part from anywhere other than the dealer but I am happy to be proved wrong?

I don't understand why you just don't get your chassis number and give it to the dealer to get a price and part number of this part? Or am I missing something?

Hi sorry forgot to mention that I drive a TT and wanted to retrofit these to my car. :o

Hi sorry forgot to mention that I drive a TT and wanted to retrofit these to my car. :o

I did find it strange that you had a 'TT' as your member's car..........get off the forum...........:rofl:

I can dig out the recepit I have somewhere for the part I ordered and post up here if that helps?

Probably due to repeated attacks by your snow foam gun:rofl:

:rofl:

Don't use the snow foam on my motor that often to be honest but I think your not far wrong, pressure washer abuse........:thumbup:

just contacted my local skoda dealer (preston skoda). The parts man gave me a price of £47!!!

Baker: where did you get yours from mate?

Was that each or for a pair? I think a retrofit using a more reliable LED unit would be more cost effective!

just contacted my local skoda dealer (preston skoda). The parts man gave me a price of £47!!!

Baker: where did you get yours from mate?

Got mine from a Dealer in Northampton IIRC, pretty sure it was Autohaus.........:confused:

its each! thats why it will be nice to know where baker got his from

Looked through my invoices of bits I bought and can't find it, maybe I chucked it so I can't say it was cheaper but I am sure I didn't pay around £50 for one unit..........:thumbdwn:

Got mine from a Dealer in Northampton IIRC, pretty sure it was Autohaus.........:confused:

Looked through my invoices of bits I bought and can't find it, maybe I chucked it so I can't say it was cheaper but I am sure I didn't pay around £50 for one unit..........:thumbdwn:

Sod that then I'm going to try and make my own instead! :rotz:

Sod that then I'm going to try and make my own instead! :rotz:

Sorry mate, all I can do is maybe ring up the dealers for a part number for you or you do as you have said and construct your own?

Sorry mate, all I can do is maybe ring up the dealers for a part number for you or you do as you have said and construct your own?

Hi mate if you can get a part number for me that would be great as I can always try and source the parts through Audi as I get a 10% discount with them. Can't do anything without a chassis number with Skoda but I'm never asked for one at Audi and they even let me use their screens to find the part I'm looking for. :thumbup:

Hi mate if you can get a part number for me that would be great as I can always try and source the parts through Audi as I get a 10% discount with them. Can't do anything without a chassis number with Skoda but I'm never asked for one at Audi and they even let me use their screens to find the part I'm looking for. :thumbup:

Sorry for the delay on this but having tried to speak to a dealer I now remember why I much rather source parts elsewhere as the service is shocking...........:eek:

Rang Skoda Autohaus in Northampton to be told they have gone into receivership and then I suggested they need to update their website to be told 'I'm sure that's the least of their worries'.

Then rang up Milton Keynes to be told my Chasis Number is incorrect by one digit, they then can't recognise my car due to my private reg so then I gave them the original plate and still no joy, managed to get a rough part number for both hands which can't be right as they are handed parts but here it is:

3UO 945 292 C 01 C

£43.62 +VAT each.