After the FL, how long before a new Octavia!?

Hi

was chatting with a friend and he reckond there would be a new Octavia within 18 months so no point in buying the new facelift model !

just wondered if anyone had thoughts as to how long could it be before a 'New' Octavia is launched?

Cheers.

Before I placed my order I asked the dealer the same question. He said 3 years.

Based on what facts? Total speculation IMO.

Who knows is the answer? Nothing has been announced. I am waiting for it thats for sure, I'll be ready for a new motor soon-ish but the FL just isnt enough of a change from the 'old' model to justify my money.

When I bought an Audi 80 in 1986 I said to the salesman I'd heard rumours of a new model but he denied this. The new model came out about a month later so since then I've always taken what salesmen say with a pinch of salt.

I don't know if Skoda introduce new models at regular intervals but the recent economic situation may possibly affect any timing.

Based on what facts? Total speculation IMO.

Who knows is the answer? Nothing has been announced. I am waiting for it thats for sure, I'll be ready for a new motor soon-ish but the FL just isnt enough of a change from the 'old' model to justify my money.

Well, I'd say he probably based it on average lengths of product renewal after facelifts. i.e 3 years...which would be 2012.

I would be amazed if they brought out a new Octavia sooner as they wouldn't have got good value out of the time & money invested in the FL.

If the current Oct. stops selling then they could always rush through the replacement..but AFAIAA the current Oct. is selling quite well...I know I couldn't find a competitor that offered the performance, build quality & boot size (of the VRS TDI that I ordered) for under 25K:thumbup:

In Germany, they are working hard already on the Golf mark VII - it would be for 2012. I gather the Octavia will follow soon after. The coming Golf would be ready for hybrid versions and new propulsions to come. And this would show the way for the Octavia III, perhaps 2012 or 2013?

Eerste foto Volkswagen Golf VII? | AutoScoops

At the back, you would be looking at the golf mark VII!

It gets to the point where if you constantly think there's a new model on the way you would never spend your money. As soon as you buy a new car its outta date as something new/differnt spec arrives soon after.Soon as you buy a new tv/dvd/pc the following week there's this new 6000 inch plasma come home cinema/come dishwasher/come carpet cleaner with 'SUPER DOUPER SUPER' hd tv remote sensing dpi phd tdi abs esp technology:eek:

hi all,

i m from india, overhere the octavia is called laura, the mk2 was launced in 2005 & the FL laura(octavia) launced this year, so it looks like a 3-4yrs life span for each model of the octavia is the norm, so expect the new version to be out by 2012 earliest, it wont lanch before that for sure,

cheers..

hi all,

i m from india, overhere the octavia is called laura, the mk2 was launced in 2005 & the FL laura(octavia) launced this year, so it looks like a 3-4yrs life span for each model of the octavia is the norm, so expect the new version to be out by 2012 earliest, it wont lanch before that for sure,

cheers..

Or when Leapy get into gear and creates a new one:rofl::D