Warning - DON'T lend out your Vrs

g00ner

Was it the sort of Hippo that takes 5 minutes to get out of the seat? Huffing & puffing all the way:thumbdwn:

I would leave it to the wife to sort as its her family, does she understand or does she just think your whining?, It might not be worth the future hassle if you kick off directly to her family.

Have you tried sitting in the seat to see if anythings collapsed? The las car I got into that a hippo frequented was like a crunchy beanbag:mad:

No one respects your own motor as much as you.

Oh so true

I'm 15 stone, 5'10 and do a bit of 'self defence'-she'd have killed me in five seconds :chicken:

Having said that she's probably a lovely girl:1::1:

And I bet she tries hard! :rofl:

Still, I'm fair chunk more than you, and no problems, ever!

Would take a careful look under the seat with a bright light source and reading glasses (if you're over 42).

Might just be that the release linkage was jammed or snapped, and a little screwdriver leverage action in the right place may allow it to slide forward again.

Sorry to hear of it - hope your relative makes it up to you

Baz

sorry to hear that your car got damaged, i recently passed my test in may 09 and my husband gave me his car furby as he said it was not the car for him and he got a puma, he was nervous about me driving it and he still is but we wont let anyone drive the furby. he wont let me drive the puma, hubby told me that he mate was in the puma with him, engine was on (parked up) hubby got out of car to check something and mate jumped in the drivers seat and reved the engine 2 time, hubby not best pleased with his mate seeing as he didnt even ask if he could do it, hubby hasnt even let me rev the car, some people have no respect for other peoples cars. hope you get the money for the repairs/insurance.

I'd be fuming, surely they should of had the manners to offer to pay the repair or at least apologise??? I had a similar thing happen to me last month, my brother in law split up with his girlfriend and needed a car so he asked to borrow my C-Max (knew he'd never get near my Furby!), on day 2 he reversed into a car in his work car park and smashed the back end up - but at least he offered to pay the few hundred quid it will take to get fixed. He also managed to persuade the woman he smashed into to accept cash for the damage as he was on my insurance!

John

No way!! Not ever will anybody be borrowing my VRS!!

I don't care if the woman who carried me for 9 months, suffered

damaged girl parts as a result of my birth, put up with teenage me,:eek:

scrimped and saved to provide for me and helped me with the rent later in life

when times were tough had to walk a hundred miles in the rain unless she borrowed

my car. Theres no way She's having my Furby!!!!

I'm not a total rotter though, she could borrow Mrs Grrs SDI if she wanted.:D

Even the other half isn't allowed to drive it unless I am on board as "moderator".

Mrs Grr has only had a full licence for a year and three quarters. To her its like a

Jet plane!!!

I let SWMBO drive the furby a while back. She'd only driven for a few months after passing her test, and then not really driven for 3 years. We went to a quiet industrial estate for a "refresher". When I got in I had a large whisky.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found a little daylight time to fix the seat, not sure what exactly was wrong but it seemed it had somehow 'twisted' so each runner locator was in a different slot..?

Bit of brute force and it's sorted. Not lending it out again, lesson learnt. (She did offer to pay fpr damage though so nearly forgiven)

Sounds like it simply jumped some teeth under the forces of the large weight on the seat being moved about by acceleration/braking/cornering - something not normally a problem until a serious weight gets on the seat.