Blueflame exhaust rant

well having got my bluelfame exhaust fitted to cut a long story short it was poo

didnt fit right and sounded pap, after a long conversation with the blueflame rep he said tough and the only thing he can do is change the tailpipe.

So he is sending me the oval one due to my dtm style one not fitting and the blueflame guy saying he didnt think it would anyway cause it was a old design and a ******ized version of their current stock, this was after he sold me it

i am so ****ed of with the director i spoke to as he said i was the first person to complain about the noise of their exhausts

it doesn't sound any different from the standard zorst i had on before

So my mate came up with a good idea of banging on the new tailpipe when it pitches up and just selling it and cutting my loses

bunch of a'holes

sorry to hear that mate,

get a custom one made up mate, these prefab ones are never spot on as they need to allow for fitting and any minor variables.

iirc there have been a few things said about them.

billy

Billy, beg to differ slightly with you there mate. There is no reason why the exhaust should not fit properly, providing they are made to spec. Blueflame have sold truck loads of these. The exhausts all route the same on the VRS give or take the condition of rubber mountings and how the down pipe comes off the turbo. When you consider the center piece can be turned to suit the routing of the downpipe and rear box, providing the exhaust is not flawed(as in the case of stew's) there should be be no problem.

I do agree there is no substitute for a custom built one though:thumbup:

Stew be aware that the newer oval rear box does not fit like the older design where you have to bolt centre section to rear box with 2 bolts, it is a sleeve fit. Unless the rear box you have is a real ******ised one, then who knows.

Surprised at the response from BlueFlame also. Who did you talk to. I have had very good experience with them.

Edited by DGW
No need to quote previous post.

I spoke to nigel leeming and I would have thought even on tick over on a new exhaust there should be a slight difference in sound, but there was none and hardly anything on acceleration

I realise they need time to bed in but I would expect some noticable noise change straight away even if slightly

and it's the sleeve type that's why I'm thinking the old style tailpipe won't fit on the newer designed exhaust

It will get slightly louder with time. Either way, the torque improvment is excellent, worth the money alone.

I'm very happy with my Blue Flame, much cheaper than Miltek and just as good.

Incidently, my mate has a Miltek on his 1.8T Golf and my Blue Flame is louder.

I spoke to nigel leeming and I would have thought even on tick over on a new exhaust there should be a slight difference in sound, but there was none and hardly anything on acceleration

I realise they need time to bed in but I would expect some noticable noise change straight away even if slightly

and it's the sleeve type that's why I'm thinking the old style tailpipe won't fit on the newer designed exhaust

Yep Nigel owns the company, so very surprised you did not get better response.

I can tell you that my similar style Blueflame was certainly noticable from a noise level at start up and tickover creating a nice burble sound. It is not loud just noticable.

Also it got slightly louder over time. When i later fitted the Blueflame sports downpipe/cat there was a much noticable noise difference again not loud but a better burble sound and certainly better on revs. A very addictive sound. Also after my REVO stage 2 map changed the sound especially on over run making a kind of popping noise (only when de accelerating through the gears) much like a rally car but no way near severe..

No turbo exhaust is loud due to the turbo stopping back pressure unless it has hardly any rear box or silencer.

Sorry mate to here of your experience.

I may take the back box off you if you get sorted.

i had a nice note change and now it is even louder. sounds like a toned down scooby on tickover. i would say its 2 time louder than std at least.

a custom one is similar money and you get it how you want, and the boxes can go were you want ie tucked away not hanging and visable. I have nothing against prefab ones but even tho they are made to spec there is still slight differances in them. and i would say they are made so they go on the car easily. I have noticed a few miltec/blueflames and others dont sit quite right? and iirc someone a bit back did say he had a prob with the blueflame customer service,

end of the day all the ones out there are better than std lol.

billy

Yeah basically there is no change on idle

I had heard the cat back before and it had a nice burble so was expecting that on the first start

but it was no different so I'm not too sure what route to take now

will have another invest and see what's avaliable

I do agree it did seem to pull better straight away but I do want to hear it also

but I don't won't to sound like a Chav haha

My Blueflame cat back system has been ok since I got my problem with It sorted. The exhaust note Is lovely & not loud.

My problem was something loose In the back box causing a chavy rattling when I accelerated. The customer service was shocking from Nigel & I got left high & dry both from JBS & Blueflame for 6months due to political issues before I asked James(JBS) to finally get It sorted, which he did.

I emailed Blueflame a few days back asking a simple question, and I've still had nothing back.

I did exactly the same thing with Milltek and Piper, and got same day responses with the information I needed.

Another customer lost....

I emailed Blueflame a few days back asking a simple question, and I've still had nothing back.

I did exactly the same thing with Milltek and Piper, and got same day responses with the information I needed.

Another customer lost....

I know we live in a email world these days, but is it real bad customer service if they don't get back in a few days. Blueflame are a smallish company that deal with face to face customers and probably answer your call straight away if you phoned. I probably sound like I work for Blueflame :rofl: but I feel talking to someone is far better.

I know we live in a email world these days, but is it real bad customer service if they don't get back in a few days. Blueflame are a smallish company that deal with face to face customers and probably answer your call straight away if you phoned. I probably sound like I work for Blueflame :rofl: but I feel talking to someone is far better.

Yeah but its much more subtle to be sat in the office emailing about car stuff, the boss is none the wiser that way :rofl:

I asked for a quote from my local powerflow place and they never got back to me. As far as I'm concerned as a customer I shouldn't need to chase to spend money with a company. Also, if they would rather do business over the phone, don't state an email address in their contact info.

Not surprised at this at all, I'm afraid. I got my exhaust from Blueflame- I ordered one with a twin round rolled in tailpipe. They sent me a twin pipe, but not rolled in. Spoke to Nigel- 'We'll send you a new pipe straight away'... nearly 3 months later after several emails, phonecalls etc it eventually arrived. Several times I was told 'It's being made for you now' or 'It's in the post' or 'Nigel will phone you back in ten minutes'- he never did. Absolutely awful customer service. If there is a prob with a part I don't mind as long as the seller is honest- what I can't stand is being continually fobbed off and lied to.

To top it all off, it didn't even fit! It was wonky and touching the rear valance. Had to take it to Longlife who had to re-locate the rear hanger.